The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Its Whats Inside That Counts...
By Danith
Taking my Ep3 to some track days and the Ring this summer.

Standard seats and belt doesn't hold me in as much as I'd like to be honest.

What's the cheapest setup I can use to be able to use harnesses?

Guessing no reclining seats - Accord Type R/Evo Recaros don't recline?

Can I only use DC5 rails?

Harness bar a must?

Ta
By R'ash
You could look on ebay for a cheap used fixed bucket, just get the one and remove it when not needed. think there was a buddyclub sidemount rail for sale on here. i'm selling a harness bar soon as i've removed it :wink:
By Danith
Was that you on the facebook group pal?!

I need 2 - my bro and I ride shotgun round the ring cos it's so intense and I haven't done enough laps to learn the track yet! Adenau Forst is a sneaky beggar!

If I bought some fixed buckets, what rails could I fit them on? (Bearing in mind I'd have to drive the thing to Germany, so needs a bit of comfort!)
By R'ash
Yeah i commented earlier :smurf: :smile:

There's a few rails you can use for side mounted seats, and if you get some buckets with high sides on you might not need to bother with a harness because you can't really slip out of them. Not sure if anygood but you could try them seatbelt gripper things.
By GreigEP3TR
Il sell you my buddy club limited edition p1 buckets with genuine buddy club rails driver and passenger for £750 plus what ever the currier charge is.. all in good nick bar drivers seat has two nicks isn't it... also have harness bar and harnesses if your interested in for sale section already :lol:

only reason for sale is because every things going.... m3 acquired [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By lukeyboi89
also, do you have to have harnesses for most bucket seats? as i need my rear seats so wouldnt have the space to fit a harness bar... which is why i was liking the DC5 recaros as can keep it OEM mostly...
By SeanEP3
any recaros will be a bit more supportive on track, and you don't have to use harness with them. An alternative if you just want to be more securely seated, is to use a CG-lock.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]