The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Its Whats Inside That Counts...
By R'ash
Cheers, any recommendations for a good sturdy one? I've only really seen the tegiwa ones, are they built well?
By EPGhost
R'ash wrote:Cheers, any recommendations for a good sturdy one? I've only really seen the tegiwa ones, are they built well?
I've got the Tegiwa one which feels sturdy enough when its installed, obviously no idea in a crash haha. Looks like Americans get sparco ones and then there's the eBay jobbies which is suspected what that one in the photo is.
By SeanEP3
the Teg one seems pretty well build [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By Goobie
kipps wrote:I think this is the old piccy of the knackered harness bar post accident

A proper FIA approved harness bar wouldn't bend like that etc. From looking at the picture that more of a show item than anything and to wrap your belts round something that is simply just bolted to either side of the car like that your asking for trouble anyway.
By R'ash
Cheers guys, I got a tegiwa one off here 2nd hand. It's purely to get the correct angle for the harness and not to fix to. I'll be using eye bolts screwed into the rear belt points.
By Mark83
Goobie wrote:You want full welded in fixings etc like this, no worry about bending etc here! [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Out of interest, why did you choose to have the harnesses anchored so low and not add a harness bar to the roll cage?

I chose to have mine fitted as per MSA regs and within the optimum 10 degrees, not stressing the seat. Yours are probably on the limit of the 45 degrees and exerting some pressure on the seat?

And as fitted in my car:

By R'ash
Another quick question. Any ideas on the bolt thread and tensile for where the bottom support fixes to the lower seat belt point? (tegiwa bar) i need 2 approx 15mm longer than the originals. And where to get them online if possible?

cheers.
By doug2507
R'ash wrote:Bringing this question back up. I recently bought a pair of fixed seats along with a pair of schroth profi ASM harnesses. Question is do i need a bar when the harness' are ASM (anti submarining)? My understanding after reading many pages of conflicting do's and don'ts is that the bar is there to stop the harness pulling you down and possibly out the bottom of a 4 point harness. The ASM supposedly stops this happening so does this mean i don't need to buy one??
Forget a harness bar, just fix the harnesses to the rear bench as per the Schroth instructions. :salut:
By R'ash
doug2507 wrote: Forget a harness bar, just fix the harnesses to the rear bench as per the Schroth instructions. :salut:
I've bought one now lol, although if I can't get hold of the longer bolts I need I might do away with it. I didn't get any instructions with the harnesses but like you say that's what I thought to start with. Oh well it looks good
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]