The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Its Whats Inside That Counts...
By mattyktm
Hey Guys, Looking at changing my steering wheel, Possibly a snap off one as they are pretty cool & functional for future 'track car' mods....

Has anyone else changed there and if so what was your choice? Photos would be ace!!

Matty
By ::Adds::
There's tonnes who have changed steering wheels on here, have a look at some of the larger build threads... Omp is a common brand used... Smaller diameter dished Omp :yum:
By thorny88
Bump this! Would be interested to see some different wheels fitted to the ep3. My standard wheel is badly worn now and wouldn't mind upgrading
By iceman
1001 choices out there, personal preference and personal requirement for everyone is different and others just simply want for looks

sure theyll be hundreds of pics on here
By SeanEP3
I liked that re-trimmed one in the build up section the other day. I believe ABP sorted it for him, looked smart
By EPGhost
Like others have said there are a huge amount of combinations. I'd stay away from suede if you are using it daily as it will matt up and look horrible, these wheels are best for use with racing gloves.
I changed my mind on which wheel I wanted so many times before I ended up with this :lol:

Here's my setup anyway. OMP Velocita flat leather 350mm with NRG quick release and Momo Hub. This setup does space the wheel out quite a lot which suits my setup but could be too near for others. Without the quick release its probably quite close to OEM.

You can see the spacing here, I sit a long way back in the car haha
By abctr
Ahh Yeah that's one issue. I can't seem to work out yet how to wire it into the connector on the steering column. I got the airbag one to work so the Srs light doesn't come on. Problem is my boss kit instructions are in Japanese.
By Goobie
The O.E. steering wheel is earth'd via the airbag, there is a live spade connecter that you unplug off of it, think it's a blue wire? Anyway, you need to make your own earth point for the horn to work. What make hub kit did you buy and where from?
By abctr
Ahh yes that would make sense. I am guessing that's why there is two connectors on the back of the horn button on the wheel. I am not to bothered at the moment as it's my track car. however I will look into it soon. The wheel would have to be removed anyway when it's due the mot.
By abctr
Bishop, I didn't remove the srs clip. The boss kit I got from tegiwa had a mount either side to connect onto the two pins. There is no need to remove it at all.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk
By Bishop
ahh right, ok, did you buy the hkb hub for airbag or non airbag model?
The hub I got has the two holes for locating the pins but not the connector with the three wires so Im thinking Ive ordered the wrong hub if you didnt have to remove the srs clip.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]