The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Its Whats Inside That Counts...
By mc36155
I've just shipped him a shifter, so when he gets this it should get going
By mc36155
Mwuk1 wrote:Any update yet??
nope, other than he confirmed he received the shifter i sent. he got this last Thursday.
By ScottBremner
I'd be interested dependent on price too. If it isn't too expensive I'm in. ie less/equivalent to brand new oem shifter mech.
By mc36155
I've asked him if he has any update, fingers crossed...
By mc36155
He emailed back, the drawing are done guess it's making the prototypes then testing...
By mc36155
Had this update from mtecind today

Hey Mike, Just wanted to update you and let you know that the shifter protoype is complete and I'm about to test it onto my friends ep3. The piece eliminated alot of play and most likely is going to be servicable as well. Just wanted to fill you in on what's going on.
By mc36155
And more

Yes design spec is the same for both. Basically to eliminate play is to make it out of billet aluminum. I don't have pricing yet. Will be working on that now and let you know how it works Friday when I install it.
By mc36155
Asked Mike @ mtec if he did the trial install

"Yes. The sloppiness is removed abit but its not to my standards yet. Need to work on it and see how much better it will get."
By mc36155
Certainly is, kind of pleased he said it wasn't up to his standards tbh, should mean the final product is super tight and slick
By al_typeR
Great news. So just to confirm is this going to be a complete new shifter or just some sort of insert?
By mc36155
al_typeR wrote:Great news. So just to confirm is this going to be a complete new shifter or just some sort of insert?
i think its going to be replacing a number of the bushings in the shifter for aluminium ones. you will have to take your shifter out and take it apart and replace the worn pats with the aluminum parts. im guessing it will be similar to his dc5 or rsx kits in that way... i dont have anything confirmed yet so thats just my guess
By AlexMc25
Is this a replacement for the white ball that sits under the shifter?

Interested :)
By mc36155
Latest on this

"Okay Mike,

I've finalized the design and will have pricing soon. Will let you know sometime soon. My EP3 friend really likes how it feels. He said it's the best it's felt."

Sounds good to me, guess he will reveal the nature of the modification when he reveals the pricing. Will let you know more if he messages me but I would think he will probably post on here to let us all know :)

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]