The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Its Whats Inside That Counts...
By 2413martinb
Ive just bought a set of focus recaros in good condition I got for cheap.
Wondering if these will have the same fitment to dc5 rails that other recaros have?
Other question was will premier ep3 rails fit onto recaros the same as dc5 rails will?

An are these the only modifications if I need to make them fit? Is the Dc5 rails (spacer modification) all I need?

Cheers for help
By bornlucky1
2413martinb wrote:Ive just bought a set of focus recaros in good condition I got for cheap.
Wondering if these will have the same fitment to dc5 rails that other recaros have?
Other question was will premier ep3 rails fit onto recaros the same as dc5 rails will?

An are these the only modifications if I need to make them fit? Is the Dc5 rails (spacer modification) all I need?

Cheers for help
i think i read somewhere that all recaro seats have the same mounting points, its just the subframes that are different.
Is it the focus rs mk2 seats? Iirc thats the only focus that had recaro seats :cool:
Just remembered the mk2 st had recaro's too, but they are rather chunky, wonder what they'd look like in the civic?
By yella
bornlucky1 wrote:
2413martinb wrote:Ive just bought a set of focus recaros in good condition I got for cheap.

Cheers for help
i think i read somewhere that all recaro seats have the same mounting points, its just the subframes that are different.
Is it the focus rs mk2 seats? Iirc thats the only focus that had recaro seats :cool:
Just remembered the mk2 st had recaro's too, but they are rather chunky, wonder what they'd look like in the civic?
I'd assume they are Focus St seats, thats the main source of Recaro seats from foci
By 2413martinb
The boy never actually said. I'll put up a picture once I get near Internet. These have subframes that have recaro written on them. But I dno if the holes will line up with dc5 rails
By Alex-B
They might be from a Focus but don't think they're OEM?

Regardless, just get some EP3 Recaro rails and they'll fit fine.
By yella
they may have been fitted in a focus bt they have never been in any standard production car. Only car they may hev been on was the rare as rock T230 which was a precursor to the mk1 focus RS
By EvoStu
NHB_EP3_Chris wrote:The focus rs had Sparco seats no?
Yup it did. Awful blue ones.
By NHB_EP3_Chris
EvoStu wrote:
NHB_EP3_Chris wrote:The focus rs had Sparco seats no?
Yup it did. Awful blue ones.
My old next door neighbour had one, interior was worse than an EP3. Blue steering wheel wears and looks sh-t.
By yella
HondaType wrote:The ST170 had Recaros like that

nah, the optional custom pack were more like the latter St ones with separate headrest.

The T190 and t230 editions i though they could be were actually retrimmed cobra seats so not those either.

Looking at them again i think they may actually be Evo 2/3 seats
By R'ash
yella wrote:
HondaType wrote:The ST170 had Recaros like that

nah, the optional custom pack were more like the latter St ones with separate headrest.

The T190 and t230 editions i though they could be were actually retrimmed cobra seats so not those either.

Looking at them again i think they may actually be Evo 2/3 seats
Agree with you on the early evo seat, they do look very much like these http://dingzgarage.blogspot.co.uk/2010/ ... 3-set.html
By 2413martinb
Alot of these recaros have the have the same layout just different look. If that makes sense.
Tryn to get the measurements of the dc5 rails but struggling =\
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]