The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Its Whats Inside That Counts...
By Superman001
T180985 wrote:Updated weight of front brakes after I weighed it all today, looks like there's a good couple KG of unsprung weight saved per corner by moving to a BBK
I wish I was brave enough to start stripping mine, think i'll wait untill my insurance renewal and get a new quote to see how much it would cost with a stripped interior.
By T180985
Superman001 wrote:
T180985 wrote:Updated weight of front brakes after I weighed it all today, looks like there's a good couple KG of unsprung weight saved per corner by moving to a BBK
I wish I was brave enough to start stripping mine, think i'll wait untill my insurance renewal and get a new quote to see how much it would cost with a stripped interior.
you could always get a quote now? i cant imagine it would change insurance much
By Superman001
T180985 wrote:
Superman001 wrote:
you could always get a quote now? i cant imagine it would change insurance much

Just got an online quote from my own provider of 298 pounds cheaper than what im paying so ive just requested quotes from Sky & Greenlight to see if they can do better :smile:
By pulpmelon_r
mc36155 wrote:Has anyone tried the braille baterry

http://www.braillebattery.co.uk/index.p ... eries/b129

they look very light but i wouldnt know which one would be ok in terms of cranking amps. what weight is the OEM?
Thats really small, not sure if that would turn over a 2L motor.

I'm using the odessey pc680 @ 6kg, that turns over my motor with 11.7:1 compression fine.
Pretty sure oem is like 12-13kg
By Eric_Sn@il
pulpmelon_r wrote:
mc36155 wrote:Has anyone tried the braille baterry

http://www.braillebattery.co.uk/index.p ... eries/b129

they look very light but i wouldnt know which one would be ok in terms of cranking amps. what weight is the OEM?
Thats really small, not sure if that would turn over a 2L motor.

I'm using the odessey pc680 @ 6kg, that turns over my motor with 11.7:1 compression fine.
Pretty sure oem is like 12-13kg
All depends on the CCA's :salut:
By Superman001
Does anyone know if the spare wheel weight of 11kg includes the tyre or is it just the wheel itself?
By T180985
Superman001 wrote:Does anyone know if the spare wheel weight of 11kg includes the tyre or is it just the wheel itself?
includes the tyre lol what would be the point in knowing just the wheel itself?
By Ernie96
Hey guys, great thread. [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

I'm currently getting some weight out of my EP3 ready for some track duty... I removed the crashbars this morning and they are no way 7kg each... maybe 4kg for both I'd guess but thats all, I also think a few other weights listed are abit ambitious going by what I've removed.

I'm aiming for 1050kg with most things in the front half of the interior remaining. Think I'm around 1120kg at the mo windows and a few other bits on the way so will weigh it once they are fitted.
By Kirby
Hi guys,

finally got around to starting the job of lightening my EP3 Rally car.

I have removed all wiring EXCEPT what is necessary to work the power windows on the drivers door. So all wiring for power lock, power mirrors etc on the driver's door, including lock actuator - 0.47 kg

Side impact bar 2.7 kg

I am trying to reach my class limit of 1020kg and the car is currently 1110.
Things still left to be removed
- Front crash bar (not sure if I will take it out as it is a good place to mount the oil cooler)
- Blower
- heater box
- Unused wiring for AC, ABS etc
- unused brackets etc behind dash
- Tailgate, rear 1/4 and door glasses to be swapped to lexan
- passenger impact door bar
By mc36155
Yellow speed track spec front coilovers 6.7kg each, rear 2.7kg each

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]