The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Its Whats Inside That Counts...
By Carlos420uk
No problem bud, I have some disks etc so will weigh them later along with anything else I can find.

Sterio, cage, Air-con and passenger airbag getting ripped out soon I think :twisted:
By hovblackctr
T180985 wrote:
:shock: 3kg saving per corner is pretty good! i know you have the 3way nitrons but do you happen to know how much they weigh?
Sorry for the late reply Tony, sorry mate i didn't weigh them! :oops:

They will be virtually the same as the 1 way kit, the canisters weigh about half a kilo each if that. :thumbup:
By T180985
hovblackctr wrote:
T180985 wrote:
:shock: 3kg saving per corner is pretty good! i know you have the 3way nitrons but do you happen to know how much they weigh?
Sorry for the late reply Tony, sorry mate i didn't weigh them! :oops:

They will be virtually the same as the 1 way kit, the canisters weigh about half a kilo each if that. :thumbup:
no probs, didnt weigh mine either :lol: couldnt find any info on the Nitron site about weight aswell so may have to leave it off for now. Thanks anyway

i know theres been a bit of messing around but that carbon hatch is finally going on the civic shortly inc the plastic windows so i will have the oem hatch inc glass available if you still require one :thumbup: im just waiting for TGM to confirm the windows have turned up and are in ok condition after the delivery
By Carlos420uk
Got some more weights to add here:-

Interior condenser rad and pipes - 1765g (1.75Kg)
Air-con pump alone - 5685g (5.8Kg)
All Air-con pipe work, brackets, and bolts - 845g (0.85Kg)
EPS control unit - 835g (0.83Kg)
OEM Rocker cover - 3085 (3.08Kg)
Air-con condenser fan - 1800g (1.8Kg)
Air-con main condenser rad - 1900 (1.9Kg)
Passenger side kick panel trim - 108g (0.1Kg)
Passenger air bag unit alone (without top cover) - 3035g (3Kg)
Interior blower unit alone - 3015g (3Kg)
K-pro ECU - 538g (0.5Kg)
Glove box - 870g (0.9Kg)
Pair of facelift fog lights - 808g (0.8Kg)
Pair of front metal bumper brackets / crumple plates? - 366g (0.3Kg)
Passenger side under dash cover plate - 308g (0.3Kg)

Obviously some of the above are essential items that can't be removed, but as I had the off I thought I'd weigh them anyway for reference. Sadly according to my digital postage scales the passenger air-bag only weighs + / - 3Kg's; unless my scales are inaccurate :scratch:
Last edited by Carlos420uk on Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Superman001
HAHA :lol: love this post, I can just imagine a practicly empty shell with just a drivers seat, steering wheel 4 wheels and an engine.

Very useful though and if I decide to keep my car i'll start striping some parts from for sure.

Dont think the bonnet is that heavy though, anyone know if its steel or aluminium cos im sure it cant weigh more than 7-8kgs??
By Superman001
I think Honda must have thought long & hard about keeping the EP3's weight down in standard form from the off if the bonnet is aluminium and the glass for the front windows is so thin that they rattle when only down a few inches :twisted:

Anyway the EP3 is at least 100-200kg lighter than most other hot hatches :-D
By leetec
Superman001 wrote:HAHA :lol: love this post, I can just imagine a practicly empty shell with just a drivers seat, steering wheel 4 wheels and an engine.

Very useful though and if I decide to keep my car i'll start striping some parts from for sure.

Dont think the bonnet is that heavy though, anyone know if its steel or aluminium cos im sure it cant weigh more than 7-8kgs??
bonnets are made of steel :thumbup:
By karl.hart
I love this thread, but would it be easyier to buy a gokart and k20 it haha. Good work i will add some next week :-)
By Aid1987
How much weight can be saved from a 'half strip', I thinking about rear seats and sound deadening or will it not be worth doing?
By T180985
Aid1987 wrote:How much weight can be saved from a 'half strip', I thinking about rear seats and sound deadening or will it not be worth doing?
every little helps, what sound deadening are you referring to? the under dash stuff?
By Aid1987
T180985 wrote:
Aid1987 wrote:How much weight can be saved from a 'half strip', I thinking about rear seats and sound deadening or will it not be worth doing?
every little helps, what sound deadening are you referring to? the under dash stuff?
Well I was thinking spare whell/tools, rrear seats and all floor sound proofing (black tar stuff) up to the back of the front seats. I don't really want to loose too much sound proofing because I still want my music to sound good.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]