The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Its Whats Inside That Counts...
By aleung2
I think it looks good a practical despite the fact that the CTR is a performance car, doesn't mean you can personalise it and if some people want to do something that turns it more into a 320d then so be it.
By Superbully
it is a performance car, but Honda made it to have a practical side too. Its a very daily driver and even useful for practical applications (can carry a good load), therefore mods like these are totally justified :thumbup:
there are only a handful that turn CTRs into trackday weapons, for the rest of us quite allot of cruising miles are involved, this mod is good for that :thumbup:
By devil84
superbully wrote:it is a performance car, but Honda made it to have a practical side too. Its a very daily driver and even useful for practical applications (can carry a good load), therefore mods like these are totally justified :thumbup:
there are only a handful that turn CTRs into trackday weapons, for the rest of us quite allot of cruising miles are involved, this mod is good for that :thumbup:
at last a moderator talking with some sense on this thread :thumbup: :thumbup:
By Superbully
Ash - FFS take that magic tree off the handbrake area, it looks like an explosion in a string factory :lol:

i favour the rear passenger ceiling grab handles for the smellies :wink:
By tommycivic
I really like this mod. My only question is. Can you change gear if you elbow is rested. For example does it extend long enough for your arm to reach the gear whilst relaxed =)
By ASHDELSOL7
tommycivic wrote:I really like this mod. My only question is. Can you change gear if you elbow is rested. For example does it extend long enough for your arm to reach the gear whilst relaxed =)

when your elbow is rested on the armrest your hand is right on the gearstick, couldn't have designed the armrest better in my opinion, perfect height and the extendable slidy bit lets you adjust the length closer to the gearstick if you want. I would take a pic of me sitting there with my arm on it but don't want anymore stick to be honest :lol: i knew there would be sceptics but jeez, best mod i ould have done to my ctr IMO (apart from kpro of course!! :lol: )

and the magic trees .......i only like the smell so dont want them hanging anywhere in the car....i hat them on my mirrors and dn;t really like them dangling anywhere so most practical place for me is on the handbrake, pity the new car scent dooesn't last longer....i love that smell :lol:
By Mark
ASHDELSOL7 wrote:
tommycivic wrote:I really like this mod. My only question is. Can you change gear if you elbow is rested. For example does it extend long enough for your arm to reach the gear whilst relaxed =)

when your elbow is rested on the armrest your hand is right on the gearstick, couldn't have designed the armrest better in my opinion, perfect height and the extendable slidy bit lets you adjust the length closer to the gearstick if you want. I would take a pic of me sitting there with my arm on it but don't want anymore stick to be honest :lol: i knew there would be sceptics but jeez, best mod i ould have done to my ctr IMO (apart from kpro of course!! :lol: )

and the magic trees .......i only like the smell so dont want them hanging anywhere in the car....i hat them on my mirrors and dn;t really like them dangling anywhere so most practical place for me is on the handbrake, pity the new car scent dooesn't last longer....i love that smell :lol:

goooo onnn take a picture
By scottiboy
dont know if i would use it much, but i like the look of it!! good work mate!!

..Scotty..
By ASHDELSOL7
scottiboy wrote:dont know if i would use it much, but i like the look of it!! good work mate!!

..Scotty..
i have noticed that my arm just naturally sits on it, half the time its not even a conscious effort, just an ideal location. I drove yesterday with the armrest up vertical to see what it was like before i got it...........didn;t like it, felt uncomfortable and my arm had to rest on my leg :evil: but at least the option is there to put it up vertical out of the way :lol:
By ASHDELSOL7
mark_eas wrote:
ASHDELSOL7 wrote:

goooo onnn take a picture
might do :lol: but obviously just for a laugh guys.....try not to take it too seriously you haters out there :lol:
By markl
cant understand why people think this mod is so stupid?? what do people think they are driving?!?! if goin on some peoples arguments why you shudnt have one... then you could say.... aircon?? its a performance car as if its supposed to have aircon.... a radio?? its a performance car why have a radio?? back seats?? this is a performance car why have back seats?? bit pathetic really. the armrest looks like it has a function like the rest of the things. :scratch: hardly the most outrageous mod iv seen. i probably wont be buying one but it looks like a well designed product that is useful to 'some' drivers (bearing in mind not everyone has their typeR to thrash around in). :thumbup:
By devil84
markl wrote:cant understand why people think this mod is so stupid?? what do people think they are driving?!?! if goin on some peoples arguments why you shudnt have one... then you could say.... aircon?? its a performance car as if its supposed to have aircon.... a radio?? its a performance car why have a radio?? back seats?? this is a performance car why have back seats?? bit pathetic really. the armrest looks like it has a function like the rest of the things. :scratch: hardly the most outrageous mod iv seen. i probably wont be buying one but it looks like a well designed product that is useful to 'some' drivers (bearing in mind not everyone has their typeR to thrash around in). :thumbup:
+1
By Laughing
devil84 wrote:
markl wrote:cant understand why people think this mod is so stupid?? what do people think they are driving?!?! if goin on some peoples arguments why you shudnt have one... then you could say.... aircon?? its a performance car as if its supposed to have aircon.... a radio?? its a performance car why have a radio?? back seats?? this is a performance car why have back seats?? bit pathetic really. the armrest looks like it has a function like the rest of the things. :scratch: hardly the most outrageous mod iv seen. i probably wont be buying one but it looks like a well designed product that is useful to 'some' drivers (bearing in mind not everyone has their typeR to thrash around in). :thumbup:
+1
+ 2 :thumbup:

San
By [email protected]
I see they have an offer on ebay for them... you get a free pipe, slippers and driving gloves :-D :-D :-D

JK. It's not to everyones taste but it does look like its reasonable well made. Not too sure what the point of it is though... its not like the Civic needs any more storage holes :)
By Jizz Monkey
Add me to the 'I think it looks good, and not out of place, not sure if I would fit one though, but would find it useful on the odd long drive and storing my phone in comfort' pile :thumbup:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]