The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Its Whats Inside That Counts...
By paul.goffin
I want to fit a starter button to my CTR when it turns up. Giving it a lot of thought the button itself energises the relay which allows power to flow from the cig lighter 12v supply to the starter motor.
The worry I have is that you will be drawing a lot of current through the cig lighter 12 supply wire, what is this cable rated at??

I know a lot of people have fitted this mod, but the above is a concern I have got, and I wondered if anyone has got any info on it.
By cheap
if i fit one will it void the warrenty?
By g0rd0n
Just ordered one from honda :) gona fit it during the week.The instructions are really clear taz cheers :)
By N77
g0rd0n wrote:Just ordered one from honda :) gona fit it during the week.The instructions are really clear taz cheers :)
How much did you pay for that from Honda :?:

You can get them from a seller off ebay with everything you need to fit it for about £50

Carl
By martin1977
Got everything for fitting the switch now..... Relay, wiring, push-button etc....
8)
Only need the small Carbon Plate to mount it on.. Composite Guru has been away moving home, so haven't had any luck getting one from him.. anyone else know where to get one of these???

On a seperate note..... does the Starter button "fit" the hazard warning button hole??? I'd rather have my starter switch there with the hazards off to the side??? :?

Just a thought!!!! :idea: :idea: :idea:
Ok im tempted into buying one of these but the only queries i have is firstly would a starter button fit a 55 reg premium edition car and secondly by fitting the starter button does it still require the key to be in the ignition for the button to work or would the starter button worked without the key being in the ignition?
Yes, it will fit your premium edition car...

Yes, you still need your key to turn the ignition on, only difference is you don't turn the engine over with the key.. you push and hold the button!!!! :-D

Looks good when fitted up!!!! :thumbup:
Just a quick word on the starter wiring....
I want to fit a starter button to my CTR when it turns up. Giving it a lot of thought the button itself energises the relay which allows power to flow from the cig lighter 12v supply to the starter motor.
The worry I have is that you will be drawing a lot of current through the cig lighter 12 supply wire, what is this cable rated at??

I know a lot of people have fitted this mod, but the above is a concern I have got, and I wondered if anyone has got any info on it.
the 12v cigarette wire is only used to turn on the "switch" as it were.... when you press the button to start the engine.... electricity (current).. flows through a relay which switches the main ignition wire to "on".. this is what starts the car.. :thumbup:
Could somebody let me know the diameter of the switch
I've got access to a few high tech machines & fancy making a few bits for the ctr.

thanks
this may have been asked / may just be a newfag question howevere its 0800 and ive already been up 2 hours so have gone beyond looking.

can the starter button go where the hazard lights button is, then then hazard light button replace the fag lighter?

churs!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]