The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Its Whats Inside That Counts...
By bulletwkd
Taz can you send me a copy of your world famous starter button fitting and wiring instructions that i am hearing so much about.

[email protected]

Cheers :D
By bulletwkd
Taz,

Many thanks for sending the starter button instructions. :D

Just one quick question. :?:

Do most car part shops sell standard 5 pole SPDT automotive relays or is there somewhere in particular i should get one from?

Regards
By TazR
bulletwkd wrote:Taz,

Many thanks for sending the starter button instructions. :D

Just one quick question. :?:

Do most car part shops sell standard 5 pole SPDT automotive relays or is there somewhere in particular i should get one from?

Regards
Halford or any car accessory shop will have them, or even a breakers.

A 4 pin will work.
By dro_uk
Hi taz could you please mail me the instructions? Thanx
[email protected]
By N77
I'm not sure if this has been asked but as I am at work I can't really have a proper look :D

Can you use the starter button as a normal on or off switch as I have an idea using it for this purpose.

Cheers in advance

Carl
By TazR
N77_CEJ wrote:I'm not sure if this has been asked but as I am at work I can't really have a proper look :D

Can you use the starter button as a normal on or off switch as I have an idea using it for this purpose.

Cheers in advance

Carl
Unfortunately, it's not a simple on/off switch.

It's a 'Push to Make' switch, it does not 'latch' when pressed, therefore the button needs to be held in to keep the circuit live.
By kerony
Taz I must say your the man mate! I'm tempted to have ago if its east enough as I've got me facia off at the min. can you send me the instructions please mate?

[email protected]

P.S keep up the good work mate! :wink:
By Dommo 1
looks great dude, so i've just been and bought one ,,
Can you send me the fitting instructions :D
[email protected]
By NorrieH
Very nice I must admit.
By mplaczek
It looks fantastic. I have never tinkered with anything in my CTR, but I guess everyone has to 'start' somewhere :roll:
Thanks!
By mplaczek
Seems to be a lot of people like the idea of the S2000 start button, and there is an almost equally large number of people like the idea of replacing the silver plastic centre console with a brushed aluminium one, (courtesy of Evostu and EvoDad in the near future perhaps).
Perhaps people would like the idea of incorporating a third hole in the cast for the starter button in the console, engineered to fit the bugger perfectly! (if possible :?: )
It would firstly save people having to hack away at their existing console to fit the button.
It would mean a lighter socket for all of those that smoke in their Type-R :shock:
And a very cool S2000 button on a beautiful brushed aluminium console, Mmmmmm! nice!
By SR-71
type-R4me wrote:Taz, could you mail me the instructions too please.

Thankx.

And for all you richt handy's, here's a picture of a left hand facia.
http://gallery.themspros.com/albums/ctr/dash.sized.jpg
Do you need the whole fascia? It looks like you could just take the bottom bit? Or is that just a groove in the plastic?
Is there no place to put to put the starter button nearer to the ignition itself? (you could probably use a motorbike starter button/switch though this probably wouldn't look as cool as the red S2000 one.
By Tomus29
TazR u got pm......Am in the process of fitting a starter switch, but before I bust up the fascia, how do you get the fookin ciggie lighter out? :?
By TazR
Tomus29 wrote:TazR u got pm......Am in the process of fitting a starter switch, but before I bust up the fascia, how do you get the fookin ciggie lighter out? :?
PM sent :D

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]