The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Looking Good...
By ColinD6
Hi folks,

Looking to get a dipped beam HID kit, looking for suggestions. has anyone got them, recommend what/where to get?
By Lewisgame
Any generic eBay Chinese kits are good enough. They're all the same and don't pay over the odds for a kit (£30 max)
If it's for a facelift model, you'll need bulb adapters to hold the hid bulb in the headlight.
Key for longevity is to mount everything properly. Having the ballasts and wiring rattling around under the bonnet will shorten the lifespan. I paid around £25 for a kit and they've been solid for the last 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By ColinD6
Lewisgame wrote:Any generic eBay Chinese kits are good enough. They're all the same and don't pay over the odds for a kit (£30 max)
If it's for a facelift model, you'll need bulb adapters to hold the hid bulb in the headlight.
Key for longevity is to mount everything properly. Having the ballasts and wiring rattling around under the bonnet will shorten the lifespan. I paid around £25 for a kit and they've been solid for the last 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info, Ill have a look. ill make sure and get the adapters as well.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]