The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Looking Good...
By wHAmEz
Hi guys I just had a thought and I've messaged Tegiwas about possibly getting a pair of JDM Wind deflectors to them and using them as a template to get some replicas made. As they're discontinued I think this would be really good opportunity to see if we could get some made. Maybe we could just start by posting if your interested. Haven't done anything like this before so I'm not sure if it's in the right place but let's do our best to make this happen! [emoji106]
By wHAmEz
Ah I messaged him earlier and he said if he had some originals he could look into it
By wHAmEz
Any one interested. Might be worth pushing for if there is
By EvoStu
wHAmEz wrote:Ah I messaged him earlier and he said if he had some originals he could look into it
There was a thread somewhere on here when they tried last time. The tooling costs and the price they'd have to sell at made it uneconomical.
By *nub*
Profit margin was only 40% which wasn't worth their time [emoji3]
Also just noticed tegiwa have sponsored/taken over one of the Facebook Honda parts pages! Wonder how much that cost them to bribe the admin [emoji1]
By wHAmEz
I'm sure if we had a load of people it would be considered though. At least they could have a proper look into it. How many people took interest last time?
By EvoStu
wHAmEz wrote:I'm sure if we had a load of people it would be considered though. At least they could have a proper look into it. How many people took interest last time?
The problem is most EP3 owners don't want to spend more than £40 on a set of deflectors.
By wHAmEz
Yeah I see where your coming from. Maybe if they see the style is different from team hecko etc they might show interest. I'm sure there's a good amount of people who would be interested
By EvoStu
wHAmEz wrote:Yeah I see where your coming from. Maybe if they see the style is different from team hecko etc they might show interest. I'm sure there's a good amount of people who would be interested
The issue again is the pricing. The JDM's were expensive back in the day at over £100 per unit but now, they're double that.
By FunkyRemix
EvoStu » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:50 am wrote:
wHAmEz wrote:I'm sure if we had a load of people it would be considered though. At least they could have a proper look into it. How many people took interest last time?
The problem is most EP3 owners don't want to spend more than £40 on a set of deflectors.
I am going pay nub £41 for his 8-)

Seriously, I would pay £150 ig I could get some, not N77 price though :evil:
By wHAmEz
Me too. I think they finish the car of. When you've seen them on a civic and then see you don't have them it's like there ment to be there
By wHAmEz
I'm sure most won't yes I agree. You guys sound like no one will though. I suppose if you've got them then its no biggy. I've no doubt people would pay a premium if they where available. Maybe if we can get some interest we could see about cost after. If it's looking ridiculously high then I understand alot will pass. But the fact Tegiwa are willing to look into it we could at least get a little interest
By EvoStu
wHAmEz wrote:I'm sure most won't yes I agree. You guys sound like no one will though. I suppose if you've got them then its no biggy. I've no doubt people would pay a premium if they where available. Maybe if we can get some interest we could see about cost after. If it's looking ridiculously high then I understand alot will pass. But the fact Tegiwa are willing to look into it we could at least get a little interest
The thing is like I say they were willing to look last time, and then canned it (not due to lack of interest) but primarily due to the fact the costs were too high to make it worth their while.
By wHAmEz
Wonder why they said they'd look into it again then?
By N77
FunkyRemix wrote:
Seriously, I would pay £150 ig I could get some, not N77 price though :evil:
I had to try [emoji38]

They are being fitted to my car now though, I am glad they didn't sell really as I probably would of regretted getting rid.

Look loads better tha the Heko or Climair
By wHAmEz
Yeah I noticed. Hadn't the gloss gone you said. Use them for a template [THUMBS UP SIGN]
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]