The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Looking Good...
Right I am trying to squeeze some 225 wide track rubber onto my civic and need to roll the rear arches to achive this.

Booked into a body shop today but they didnt want to do it in the end as they thought they would crack the paint.
So if this is going to happen or a high risk I thought I may as well give it a go myself. As an arch roller is half the price of what I was going to pay the body shop anyway.

Just wondered what outcome people have had with it.

thanks Gavin
hey,

I did this to my civic end of last year to fit 9" rears. I just got a roller off ebay (think it was £50) if i remember right.
i just gave it a decent amount of time with a hair dryer over the lip and just took it slowely while rolling. worked perfect for me like. There was some small chips at the end of the lip in a couple of areas but because there hidden up in the arch after rolling it flat, i just gave them a light sand to make a key and went over with waxoyl under seal (just on the small chipped areas)
Cheers fella

Thats what I was thinking. Local place sells a roller for £42 and I have a heat gun :bigthumb:

They were going on about having to make cuts to allow the curved metal to expand but assume you didnt do that as I have never heard of that been done before??

This is the kit I was looking at getting, simular to what you used?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-Heavy-Duty ... 54168af56b
i rolled my own too, i warmed the paint up with a heat gun on a low setting and the paint cracked, i let a bodyshop repair the paint but to be honest with what they did i think i could have done better but thats another story. Just make sure you clean the lip well before you roll it as you dont want old crap stuck in there as after its rolled you'll never get it out and will eventually rot your arch. You could waxoil above the lip first too.
Aye ats the same piece of kit bud.

Personally never heard of that like, seems a bit serious to flatten the lip.

Like I said when I did mine the only bits that cracked a bit were on the flattened lip which was hidden behind the arch anyway so your good to give it a key and give it a once over with rust proof of your choice and no one will none the wiser.
Ok great

Not really fussed about the paint cracking there as its hidden anyway. Just worried about any spreading up the side of the rear quarter or anywhere that is visable
Had mine done at demon tweeks a while back.
They used a heat gun and there was no cracking to the paint at all.
Although they did warn me before hand that it may crack and it wasn't their responsibility if it did.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]