The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Looking Good...
By Foxtrck
Right, so I had new trouser time situation this morning thanks to a very tight bend and what looks like oil in a puddle I hit. Long story short I turned right and went straight :( about a second before hitting a kerb I thought fast and straightened up to save my wheels, but this happened to my bumper.... Anyone suggest fixed... Is it new bumper time? Or panel beater time ? Image
By Graham27
Id get the bumper off as you've probably bent all your front panel if its in that kinda shape. The bumper itself could probably be repaired and painted but impossible to say from that pic
By eurorob
theres a metal locater that sits under the head lamp that bend pretty easy, take the bumper off and see whats damaged first, you may find your bumper will be ok and its just a few little brackets to replace, ive repaired a few civics at work and im pretty sure that's what youll find mate, its only a 5min job to take the front bar off, 2x 8mm under each wing corner, Philips screw under each lower bumper corner then plastic clips for the under tray and across the top grille, then pull the corner of the bumper the get it off the plastic insert clips and viola, let us know what you find
By Foxtrck
Ah thank you, that it very helpful :D Actually found a metal but protruding from the bumper, this may be what your meaning... As a matter of interest went back to the site after work and found loads of scattered tiny white stone chips, like tiny marbles but only 5mil wide.... The corner is an entrance to a truck yard of some kind. May have caused the loss of traction ??
By Foxtrck
Okay think I mAy be sorted. Got a Mugen splitter and a friend at a Bodyshop that will spray and fit it for me, will attempt to repair bumper instead of replace and we should be good :D
By Graham27
Youve still not removed the bumper to see what if anything is damaged underneath - id be doing that before buying a new lip, what if you need a new or repair to the front panel? Getting it to line up again could be a headache
By Foxtrck
Fair enough, will just have to wait and see what happens when the part comes and the Bodyshop remove the bumper... Fingers crossed for me lads
By Foxtrck
Update guys :D everything is back from my mates Bodyshop... I'm really happy with job... Image
By Cry-ScottH
Looks smart that, not sure about the orange/yellow fogs against the HID's but otherwise looks great.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]