The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Looking Good...
By 5t3v3-0
since fitting my mugen spoiler ive had to lose the middle brake light so i went i a hunt round the scrappy and found a civic ep shape with a middle brake light with covers got back fitted it as its plug and play but it turns out you carnt really see it when you brake as there is some sort of black film round the back window of the ep3 so has anyone else had this problem or how did you fit the brake light in yours
By Reece.
I know the film you mean, I am also getting my mugen spoiler delivered next week!

I plan on sticking the brake light in the place I want it then using a Stanley blade cut around the brake light, should be able to peel the black film away and leave a space perfectly fitted for your brake light!
By 5t3v3-0
cheers for the addvice guys yea i think i may have a go at cutting some of the film off and see if that works as ive still got the rear wiper and for some reason since putting the mugen on more dirty and water finds its way on the back window so its handy to keep lol
By SlyDawg
Same problem here, i made brackets that position the brake light under the black edge.
Don t know if that's film or if you can take it off...
Can post up a pic if interested.
By 5t3v3-0
yea i was gutted that the film doesnt come off i still fitted my ep2 brake light and u can just see a small strip of red light when i brake not sure what else to do with it but at least it looks oem on the inside of the car
By Reece.
I'm having my rear window re tinted tomorrow and going to have a small strip cut out so the brake light is still visible, ill upload a pic of my one just to give you an idea
By 5t3v3-0
bluntcap wrote:Throw a few photos up mate, got a carbon spoiler on the way and I'd be interested in doing this.
will do bud i will try and upload some tomorrow i will get some of inside and outside to give you an idea plus its all plug and play which is a bonus [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
5t3v3-0 wrote:
bluntcap wrote:Throw a few photos up mate, got a carbon spoiler on the way and I'd be interested in doing this.
will do bud i will try and upload some tomorrow i will get some of inside and outside to give you an idea plus its all plug and play which is a bonus [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
Legend [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
ive bought a 3rd light and its awesome.adjustable led strip so it can be angled for the best visibility.nice little unit that just sticks to the inside of the window under the mugen spoiler.
By 5t3v3-0
bluntcap wrote:
5t3v3-0 wrote:
Legend [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

here ya go bud sorry its a bit late as you can see the black round the edge is in the way but least on the inside its OEM looking

hope this helps folks [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By Jazazze
leeds106 wrote:what did you use as the brake light cover? or do the ep brake lights have them standard?
Just a standard bit of trim from a normal EP. Direct replacement for the middle bit on the EP3 trim. [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By 5t3v3-0
yea i just went to the local breakers yard and they had a diesel ep 3 door and i had the middle brake light out of it it fits direct in to the ep3 it even plugs in to the loom where your old spoiler brake light did its nice and OEM looking
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]