The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Looking Good...
By nickEP3
They also sell seibon carbon mugen replica for under £500 if that's any better?
By Tenzo-R
aren't the cf ones about 360 off the bay?
By TheLordShark
Nice car Tanzo. The spoiler looks great, and I quite like the wind deflectors too.

Why would you guys lower a car which already has an inferior turning circle to the QE2?
By Tenzo-R
Cheers matey. Looks better now it's lowered. Turning circle has remained the same as far as I can tell. What's a QE2?

By jamie paton
It was a cruise liner mate, the queen Elizabeth the 2nd, must agree though that the turning circle leaves a lot to be desired, I struggle to get out of my local shopping centre, don't think it has got worse since I lowered the car though, it has always been crap to be honest, love this spoiler though, looks the poodles plums
By TheLordShark
Me too. It's one of those subtle(ish!) mods that probably wouldn't be noticed by everybody, but CTR owners would.

I'm very tempted myself. It'd be nice to get a genuine Mugen spoiler, but I can't really justify the jump in price.
By jamie paton
Yeah, I wouldn't get 1200 quid trading my car in, nevermind spending that amount on a genuine mugen spoiler !!
By Snes89
Right, i bought a replica mugen spoiler off ebay, took it to a garage near me, took him 2 weeks to paint it, obviously not bothered how long it took, what bothers me is how he fitted it.

The spoiler does not fit "flush" to my back window at all, at least an inch off the glass. I also noticed there is 2 bolt holes from previous standard spoiler fitting. Also when i close my boot the whole spoiler shakes as if its not secure good enough, i took it back to garage and complained but he said couldnt do anything about it, anyone else had this problem? Is it a fault with the replicas or just the way its been fitted?
By mjhamilton
Buying replicas is always going to be hit and miss - it is not uncommon for them to need some fettling, finishing and even material removal to fit correctly

You should have test fitted it before doing any spraying to check it was ok first

Also why are you complaining to the garage? Go back and complain to the eBay seller as it was they that sold you a duff item

Get some pictures up and maybe someone has seen the same issue
By Snes89
Hello again, my mugen rep is beginning to annoy me now. When i had it fitted its only got 4 screws in the top what secures it above the back widow. Here are the side screw holes what are left unused.

Any one got any advice? The rattling is so annoying!
By EvoStu
Snes89 wrote:Meaning Buy another?
Yes but this time, a real one. Guaranteed to fit.
By Matace
Try hzaltezza.....i got a cf mugen rep.....and the fit is really good, had to slighly widen the 4 outer hole to get everything to bolt square....but no rattles, even came with sponge washers too
By Snes89
To be honest, i would of thought it already has a pre-drilled hole to bolt into, but it hasn't. So it is only secure at the top of back window. But the OEM spoiler had 2 each side. So was wondering if any 1 had same problem n made the holes and used their own bolts.
By Dean_S
Snes89 wrote:Dont fancy paying over a grand. Waiting to see feedback on Dean_S on his product.
The issue is they are designed to fit a ep2 aswell! the glass is different on a ep2, hence it missing fixing holes..

I'm going show mine on my car to cossiemark tonight to get his opinion on it! but I personally wouldn't even touch a mugen spoiler!

As for Salla's they are NOT bolt and spoilers..you require to do abit of extra work to get it perfect. I've got two reps and my own... and being honest, I can see why they are terrible
They give me headaches just thinking about the issues people will have fitting them!!

If you want a bolt on spoiler, buy the real thing... If you want a cheap rep you will need to do some work to it

Bad news is even with mine, I wouldnt be able to come close to Salla's prices due to all the time to make them!

I even had water running down the inside of my boot glass with salla's,
By Snes89
Exact same problem i have. After washed i open boot so it drains out. Stupid. But oh well. Any advice on drilling the holes? Im worried its gona crack the paint n will have to respray it. But obv my fault for not fitting before to make sure. School boy error
By dkong0719
I had a seibon carbon mugen one and it was the same, left two empty holes.
Everytime i went over a bump or closed the boot, they'd be a nasty sound.

I just ended up putting black foam or kept doubling up on black tape to stop it hitting.
Wasnt visible and did the job for me [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]