The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Mind Over Matter...
By G Unit
hey guys a bit of a noob with kpro but have been reading over threads just wondering if someone can clear up a few bits for me

i have some mods on the car looking to get kpro fitted and mapped soon when they fit kpro to the ecu do you have to go get the key coded again so your immobiliser works? or is this only if you buy a 2nd hand kpro?

looking to send the car down to TDi north with a header and few other parts to be fitted then get it all mapped in one go .
By sendai
next week I will finally install my Kpro. I've read a lot of informations abou it on various forums arround the world.

on rsxclub forums I found a lot of posts about engine knocking.
from 10 posts 2 are on engine knocking :scratch: perhaps due to various engine modifications without a proper dyno tuning.... their fuel maybe a factor aswell...

here in UK I didn't see so much issues with engine knocking :thumbup:

I'm going to use the k20a2 factory map (stadard car) until a full dyno tuning with the mods installed. I also have a PLX wideband lambda to check the AFR.

Will this k20a2 factory map be safe on a standard engine? Has some minimal improvements over the OEM ECU base map?many thanks :thumbup:
By Finchy Type-R
I just wonderd what my ep3 Type R would pull on the rollers when i get a kpro? At the moment i have :-
: Gruppe m
: Spoon manifold 4-2-1 Decat
: Dc5 centre section
: Spoon N1
I am going to get a RBC inlet manifold aswell soon but wont fit it untill i get the k pro! Just wondered what people think??

:shock:
By motty
Finchy Type-R wrote:I just wonderd what my ep3 Type R would pull on the rollers when i get a kpro? At the moment i have :-
I am going to get a RBC inlet manifold aswell soon but wont fit it untill i get the k pro! Just wondered what people think??

would depended where you got it mapped and rolling roaded but if it was at tdi north id say high 230's without the RBC and high to 240's witht it
By Finchy Type-R
motty wrote:
Finchy Type-R wrote:I just wonderd what my ep3 Type R would pull on the rollers when i get a kpro? At the moment i have :-

would depended where you got it mapped and rolling roaded but if it was at tdi north id say high 230's without the RBC and high to 240's witht it

Cheers mate sounds good to me!! I think im going to take it tp CLP racing! any good with mapping etc??
By motty
cpl racing and tdi north are the best mappers in the country cant go wrong with either
By stuartJDM
I am looking into changing the ECU,but really wouldnt benifit from kpro, is k100 a suitable option, car is not heavily modified engine wise, with all the usual manifolds etc but standard intake with sppon filter. Can i just email tdi north to get a quote etc? Just looking for it to be mapped properly with spending insane amounts on something i wont use to its full capability.
By bluntcap
stuartJDM wrote:I am looking into changing the ECU,but really wouldnt benifit from kpro, is k100 a suitable option, car is not heavily modified engine wise, with all the usual manifolds etc but standard intake with sppon filter. Can i just email tdi north to get a quote etc? Just looking for it to be mapped properly with spending insane amounts on something i wont use to its full capability.
K100 new and mapped is like KPro 2nd hand, so still expensive, but email TDi and look at your options,
By Superman001
Just wondering if I got a 2.5in supersprint b-pipe, spoon n1 and AEM short ram intake what sort of power I could expect from getting k-pro?

Im not sure what peak bhp would be, im guessing it would be more noticeable in the mid-range?
By bluntcap
Superman001 wrote:Just wondering if I got a 2.5in supersprint b-pipe, spoon n1 and AEM short ram intake what sort of power I could expect from getting k-pro?

Im not sure what peak bhp would be, im guessing it would be more noticeable in the mid-range?
KPro on a completely standard CTR increases mid range a lot anyway, so yes you would get better mid range, maybe 215bhp? top end.......dyno depending.
By Superman001
bluntcap wrote:
Superman001 wrote:Just wondering if I got a 2.5in supersprint b-pipe, spoon n1 and AEM short ram intake what sort of power I could expect from getting k-pro?

KPro on a completely standard CTR increases mid range a lot anyway, so yes you would get better mid range, maybe 215bhp? top end.......dyno depending.

215bhp peak with a better mid range sounds good to me.

I think if I decide to keep my ep3 i'll have to get it k-pro'd, i'll aim for 215-220bhp and probably strip 50-60kg from the interior :twisted:
By Johan78
I think I need some opinions. I'm thinking about taking the plunge and going Kpro, but... I could buy a PRB with an OEM wideband for about 1500€ mapped. Or for 800€ I have been offered a secondhand PRA that comes with an AEM UEGO that's not connected. Can the PRA ecu be mapped on a dyno without the UEGO or do I have to connect it to get any custom mapping done? I know I can't datalog without the wideband. My car is basicly stock with just a catback, so the PRA with just the "tuned type r" map from kmanager would be fine for me I think for now. But if I install an AEM cai for example I'd like it mapped for it. So basicly, which should I go for? :)
By squigz12
hi guys, im in the middle of trying to buy a kpro but its from spain is this going to be a bad thing to get it remapped to my car or anything, plus wot are the down points about a second hand kpro? cheers
By squigz12
Johan78 wrote:Shouldn't be a problem if you know what you are buying (PRA/PRB) and you also know what you need.
what does pra/prb stand and is that for an ep3?
By Johan78
squigz12 wrote:
Johan78 wrote:Shouldn't be a problem if you know what you are buying (PRA/PRB) and you also know what you need.
what does pra/prb stand and is that for an ep3?
If you have an Euro CTR not JDM, you can use both. The PRB is from USDM RSX and uses a wideband sensor. The PRA is an euro ecu and can be used plug'n play with stock sensors. I'm not totally sure about this, but I think if you have a JDM Civic, then you need the PRB one.
By jl_ep3
Can anyone make a few things clear to me..

I have read this thread and others like it but I'm still not 100% sure about a few things. I am on the look out for a second hand Kpro and am confused about what exactly I need to do with it before mapping.

Am I right in thinking;-

Step 1. Buy Kpro (is there anything to look out for when buying second hand?)
Step 2. Have keys coded by dealer???
Step 3. Pay to have it fitted (Can I do this myself?)
Step 4. Have it mapped.

I know its a total n00b thing to ask but I'm sure many have wondered at some point.

Thanks

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]