The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Mind Over Matter...
By garysullivan83
Newannaive wrote:
garysullivan83 wrote:my car is away to get a kpro fitted, mapped and tunned.

my currant mods are, toda cat back, toda 421 manifold and gruppe m.

where should the vtec be kickin in at and when should it stop?

It will be at the optimal point for your car...another ctr with same mods may have a slightly different changeover point than yours...I would guess at about 4250 - 4500 rpm and it will stop at the limiter which will be at 8600rpm I expect
its just the guy that is goin to be fittin mine said it would prob kick in about 5600-5800 which i thought was a bit high?
By garysullivan83
Newannaive wrote:who's fitting it and mapping it..??
i live in aberdeen, im gettin it done by japerformance, the only hondata dealer and tuner in scotland
By Newannaive
5600-5800 definitely sounds way too high for a car with full toda and gruppe m...vtec kicks in at 5800 on a standard ecu

I'm not going to badmouth someone I don't know, but if thats what he is aiming at I would question his methods....
maybe he just doesn't know, or you misheard him got mixed up or something....

Scott Whitelaw lives in your neck of the woods I think, he will know of Japerformance I expect...although he travels to Kent for the work on his car as it is pretty high spec..turbo etc

speak to him.. :thumbup:
By garysullivan83
Newannaive wrote:5600-5800 definitely sounds way too high for a car with full toda and gruppe m...vtec kicks in at 5800 on a standard ecu

I'm not going to badmouth someone I don't know, but if thats what he is aiming at I would question his methods....
maybe he just doesn't know, or you misheard him got mixed up or something....

Scott Whitelaw lives in your neck of the woods I think, he will know of Japerformance I expect...although he travels to Kent for the work on his car as it is pretty high spec..turbo etc

speak to him.. :thumbup:
well he did say it all depends on the tuning, so he might get a suprised when he does it
By eltel123
what is the difference between the us and uk kpro's. tried reading the posts but jus to much info lol!!!
is the us one better than the uk one? i will be getting a toda catback, mani and Rotrex nxt year so will obviously need it any help appreciated :thumbup:

Regards,

Terry
By motty
warrenh32 wrote:
Mr Anderson wrote:When buying used, do I need a K-Pro mated to a facelift ECU to retain the features not found on the preface ECU? Outside temp etc.

TIA
Good question... Bump :idea:
no they are the same
By ell-ctr
if i bought a standard ecu unit to replace my Kpro'd one will i need their chasis number to take to honda for remobilisation?
By FunkyRemix
ell-ctr wrote:if i bought a standard ecu unit to replace my Kpro'd one will i need their chasis number to take to honda for remobilisation?
No, but when fitted it will have to be coded to your keys for about 25 quid.
By mujo
Hello all am new guy .. i wouold like ask some professional guys here ...... My question is i got civic type R 2003 with euro k-pro not the us one , as you know can not read the air fuel ratio . so i need advice to fix it and safe time in tuning .

Thanks
By Gijs
mujo wrote:Hello all am new guy .. i wouold like ask some professional guys here ...... My question is i got civic type R 2003 with euro k-pro not the us one , as you know can not read the air fuel ratio . so i need advice to fix it and safe time in tuning .

Thanks
Same question here..
By eltel123
does anyone have a map i can download for my kpro.

the mods are spoon n1 catback system and gruppe m. its only temp till i get the toda header etc and then i will get it mapped for my car.

regards,

Terry
By eltel123
Mr Anderson wrote:Use the tuned EP3 map that comes with KManager
what bout the rsx cold air map and change the ecu type to 2 (iirc) what tht b ok to use?
By T180985
recently had a kpro fitted and have been playing around with data logging etc recently, seems to give you alot of info so i just have a couple questions...

I presume the MPH reading the kpro gives is more accurate than that of the speedo? (seems to give similer readings to my tomtom)
and secondly the IAT reading, how accurately does this measure the intake temp? reason i ask is i was trying to look at the data to see if/how badly my aem v2 causes heatsoak

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]