The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Mind Over Matter...
By squigz12
look at your ecu under your glove compartment see if you have the usb port to connect laptop/computer plus your vtec will only kick in sooner if the kpro is mapped for it. hope this helps.
By nathhall_89
I was guna open a new post but seen this... cant find the info I need so... whats the difference between the different versions of kpro?? And how many versions are there?
By Delboy23
Alright lads when it comes to kpro I'm a complete amateur so don't want to mess with it, basically have it installed now few months and need to change the launch limiter and raise the idle as the vibrating is driving me mad!

Anyone tell me how to do it without me wiping my map off it? I don't want to mess with it incase I do wipe the map from it!

Cheers in advance
By beav148
beav148 wrote:Hi guys.

Does anyone know if it causes any issues when you turn the ELD off in kpro?

Cheers beav
anyone?

also is it ok to turn the second o2 second off? im decated so theres no need for it is there..

thanks in advance
By gobbledygook
beav148 wrote:Hi guys.

Does anyone know if it causes any issues when you turn the ELD off in kpro?

Cheers beav
Mine is used for the traction control, so no problem turning it off.
beav148 wrote:also is it ok to turn the second o2 second off? im decated so theres no need for it is there..

thanks in advance
I have mine off, have done for about 8 years with no problems. You just don't get any warning that the cat has died.
By sendai
Delboy23 wrote:Alright lads when it comes to kpro I'm a complete amateur so don't want to mess with it, basically have it installed now few months and need to change the launch limiter and raise the idle as the vibrating is driving me mad!

Anyone tell me how to do it without me wiping my map off it? I don't want to mess with it incase I do wipe the map from it!

Cheers in advance

with ECU conected go to - on line - tools - download (if not protected download the map and save it in a secure place to have the "original map".
the kmanager will advice you to not dowload from the ECU and if you do the check the indexes, etc but if you don`t have the map on PC you have no choise. don`t worry nothing`s going happen)

just make a copy of the original map and make yours modification on the copy and upload again in the ECU.

once you have the map on the PC and want do perfor further modifications, just modify tha map (on PC) and upload again. so basic every modification has to be saved then uploaded. the kpro has no live tuning.

LE if you are using the stock map, no need to download cause you have it on the kmanager.
By Bankzi
planning on buying a second hand kpro, my mods would be rbc and teg m japspeed mani and 2.5" catback. How many people have ran a base map off the kpro for a while before getting fully tuned at e.g tdi?

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]