The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Mind Over Matter...
By scousefella
As so many CTR's are getting K-Pro'd these days you may as well have a single thread to collect and analyse all of your info. :D

Good Luck and Happy Mapping. :wink:

Scouse.
By andyd
Good idea carl! :D

I hope to put my new found info on here soon :D

Andy
Last edited by andyd on Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By scousefella
andyd wrote:Good idea carl! :D

I hope to put my info found info on here soon :D

Andy
Seemed to make sense. :wink:

You see so many K-Pro subjects and questions, why not keep them all in the same bag. :D
By FreakOnALeash
friendy wrote:Only one question when does one get it done.
ummm...I think this is it :lol:
By JonCTR
Just had my Hondata reflash upgraded to k-pro and dyno tuned at CPL today.

Mods are Mugen airbox (and grille), k-pro, PP:UK decat, Spoon N1 and b-pipe.

The initial base run was done with the k20a2-civictyper-tuned.kal file on the k-pro. This gave a peak of 163.8 whp (not pictured below).

After approx 6 hours, and 132 dyno pulls later ;

No power dip at VTEC point (set to 4,800 rpm), torque where there was none before, nice torque at about 3,000 rpm.

Talk about different car. 4th gear from 70mph (5,000rpm) is superb :twisted: . Its now even quicker and easier to get to potentially licence losing speed :shock:

If you can afford the £350 for the full tune from scratch, go for it, as you won't regret it.

If I'd had a header the improvements would have been even greater.

JOn
By Tony20VTurbo
is that 175BHP from a Civic Type R.....i thought these were 197BHP standard, sorry am newbie here and finding out info on Civics......
By FreakOnALeash
Tony20VTurbo wrote:is that 175BHP from a Civic Type R.....i thought these were 197BHP standard, sorry am newbie here and finding out info on Civics......
your comparing two different values matey. The dyno above is taken at the wheel whereas the honda quoted figure of 197bhp is taken at the flywheel. You need to factor in losses due to the transmission when comparing the two
By Tony20VTurbo
oh right sorry mate, thought that would have been at the wheels

whats the lbft on the honda's?
By si
175 is only just over 200 at the fly isnt it

biggest improvements should be in torque.
By JonCTR
aurora wrote:175 is only just over 200 at the fly isnt it

biggest improvements should be in torque.
About 207bhp fly at 18% losses. The Dyno Dynamics gives one of the most conservative wheel bhps around. A typical std CTR would give 150 -155 wheel bhp.

I should have a Dyna Pack hub figure for comparison after Saturday's r/r at Jakan. Will also try to run the Honda OEM map for comparison.

Also remember that I'm about 12 wheel bhp up on the Civic Type-R tuned k-pro calibration which is equivalent to the reflash.

Will post my graphs from Saturday on the Dyna Pack.

Torque improvement is impressive all across the board, and especially after VTEC point where it climbs rapidly.

Jon
By si
119 ftlb at the wheel for torque (140 at fly), id love to get that up to 200 at fly :)

they way I understood it was that power can be produced by either bhp or torque, 1 is by speed and 1 is by power. so if you can get as near to 200 torque at the fly as possible, surely you are laughing and will experience a huge surge in power the whole rev range.

personally I dont care too much about bhp, I want my torque up.

Jon, I suggest you get a racing header next mate as you should see really good gains as well.
By JonCTR
aurora wrote:Jon, I suggest you get a racing header next mate as you should see really good gains as well.
Yep, the std. header is robbing me of the extra hp of a race header.

Can't be arsed to change a race header at MOT time though. Much easier to stick it on the ramp and change out the decat.

Still excellent though. I had the reflash before k-pro, and the k-pro is in another league compared to the reflash :D

I'll see what magical figures the Dyna Pack gives

Jon
By si
Jon, get the Jackson Racing Header with a sports cat. You should still see very good gains and its all legal so will pass the MOT etc.

only downside is cost.
By JonCTR
aurora wrote:Jon, get the Jackson Racing Header with a sports cat. You should still see very good gains and its all legal so will pass the MOT etc.

only downside is cost.
Definately an option. As you say, the cost of the cat is a bit of a killer.

Perhaps Guy could rent one out for MOT purposes :wink:

Maybe next year, as the old credit cards need a cooling off period :D

Knowing me though, I won't be able to go more than a few months without buying an new mod off a group buy or something.

Jon
By JonCTR
Here we go, just fresh off the Jakan Rolling Road day (no further mods since kast dyno chart at CPL) ;

183.4 wheel/hub bhp, 131.9 ft/lb. (approx. 220bhp crank/fly)

Jon
By Jocelyn Hills
KPro noob here,

Is it a upgrade for the normal ECU or complete replacement?? Also does it have a rev limiter and if not can one be set?

Cheers,
Chris.
By JonCTR
Yes, its an upgrade to the normal ecu.

Yes, it has two limiters. The usual upper limiter which you can set to whatever you want, and a launch limiter, where if the car is doing less than about 2mph, it will limit to what you set it at. Most people have the launch limiter set to about 3,500 - 4,000 rpm.

As soon as the car starts moving, the launch limiter no longer functions.

Jon
By tp
JonCTR wrote:Here we go, just fresh off the Jakan Rolling Road day (no further mods since kast dyno chart at CPL) ;

183.4 wheel/hub bhp, 131.9 ft/lb. (approx. 220bhp crank/fly)

Jon
Losses on Hub dyno's are 10% not the normal 18% as the wheels are removed. :wink:

Sorry Jon but this puts it about 204bhp@fly apx....but its not really.
Dyno run was done in 5th by the looks of it and at the wrong ratio correction factor. :roll:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]