The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Mind Over Matter...
By JonCTR
tp wrote:Dyno run was done in 5th by the looks of it and at the wrong ratio correction factor. :roll:
Ahh, was wondering what that correction factor was. Can't say what gear they did the run in though as we weren't allowed to stand around the cars.

Jon
By Jocelyn Hills
JonCTR wrote:Yes, its an upgrade to the normal ecu.

Yes, it has two limiters. The usual upper limiter which you can set to whatever you want, and a launch limiter, where if the car is doing less than about 2mph, it will limit to what you set it at. Most people have the launch limiter set to about 3,500 - 4,000 rpm.

As soon as the car starts moving, the launch limiter no longer functions.

Jon
Thanks for the info buddy. From your experiance/knowledge what the best setting for a standard CTR with just KPro mod done?
By JonCTR
The standard Hondata reflash raises the upper limit to 8,600rpm from 8,100 or 8,250 rpm so that should be fine. The k-pro maps that come from Hondata are set to 8,600 rpm. Thats the highest Hondata recommend on stock valve springs.

As for the launch limit, I haven't had mine on the 1/4 mile at Pod yet, but most seem to use between 3,500 and 4,000 rpm dependent on how much grip there is.

I've only had my k-pro for about 6 weeks, so am still learning myself.

Jon
By FreakOnALeash
I found the launch limiter to more of a hinderence last time I was at pod, ended up just disabling it and doing things the old fashioned way! :)
By Jocelyn Hills
JonCTR wrote:The standard Hondata reflash raises the upper limit to 8,600rpm from 8,100 or 8,250 rpm so that should be fine. The k-pro maps that come from Hondata are set to 8,600 rpm. Thats the highest Hondata recommend on stock valve springs.

As for the launch limit, I haven't had mine on the 1/4 mile at Pod yet, but most seem to use between 3,500 and 4,000 rpm dependent on how much grip there is.

I've only had my k-pro for about 6 weeks, so am still learning myself.

Jon
Thank you for your advise mate! PS how much is it or have you got a web link?
By JonCTR
Have a look here for the UK dealers ;

http://www.civictype-r.co.uk/forum/vie ... hp?t=39655

I upgraded from the reflash so it was around £400. Price without upgrade is approx £730. All UK dealers are the same price, but worth confirming, as I might be wrong.

Jon
By Jocelyn Hills
JonCTR wrote:Have a look here for the UK dealers ;

http://www.civictype-r.co.uk/forum/vie ... hp?t=39655

I upgraded from the reflash so it was around £400. Price without upgrade is approx £730. All UK dealers are the same price, but worth confirming, as I might be wrong.

Jon
Thanks again mate, you've been a great help! :thumbup: I know who to speak to for more advice!!!
By JonCTR
No worries. TP is probably the most knowledgeable here on k-pro :)

Jon
By supercharged_civic_type-r
hi, does anyone know how to switch the lambda sensor off via K-pro? my engine light is perminently on. URGENT REPLY NEEDED

Many thanks

Mark
By FreakOnALeash
supercharged_civic_type-r wrote:hi, does anyone know how to switch the lambda sensor off via K-pro? my engine light is perminently on. URGENT REPLY NEEDED

Many thanks

Mark
Misc tab in the parameters windows, uncheck the OBDII enabled box
By Awesam
Just got mines mapped by TP.

All i can say is WOW!! Vtec at 4300rpm, smooth changeover.

This is going to make me lose my license!! lol

Thanks TP great job, worth every penny! :D

I was thinking on my way home, that maybe u can start a mobile K pro tuning centre!

I think ppl will be well up for that.
By JonCTR
Here's my latest dyno for the k-pro sticky collection from the Salisbury r/r day. For reference a standard 30AE made 160 bhp wheel / 199 bhp fly.

Jon

By corradogang*
having mine done this weekend how much will it cost[approx] for a k-pro+2 hours dyno time
By JonCTR
£738 inc VAT from the UK dealers (CPL, System-R, b-factory etc), and whatever the hourly dyno rate is. Guy at CPL will do a full mapping for £350 flat rate for k-pro customers. Bear in mind it takes 5 - 6 hours for a complete map from scratch, both cams and 0, 10, 20 , 30 , 40 50 degrees on each cam, plus composite cam angle torque map.

Jon
By MJB_TYPE_R
I've been reading the KPro threads with interest but can anyone tell me if this affects the standard warranty at all please? :roll:
By JonCTR
MJB_TYPE_R wrote:I've been reading the KPro threads with interest but can anyone tell me if this affects the standard warranty at all please? :roll:
Basically say goodbye to your engine warranty, and hello to a potential £6k bill from Honda if your engine goes pop. I watch the oil levels like a hawk now as I still have about 11 months warranty left.

Jon
By JonCTR
Latest dyno, same spec as last time but now with DC sports race header.

Not too shabby, 10 wheel bhp / 13 fly bhp up on the decat pipe

By hondalewis05
JonCTR wrote:Latest dyno, same spec as last time but now with DC sports race header.

Not too shabby, 10 wheel bhp / 13 fly bhp up on the decat pipe

8)
By ickleady
ok - newbie questions lol (am I'm female) Looking for xmas pressie for my partner so was thinking of k pro

Right partner wants more power from engine as we only have the sports - will this k-pro thingy work??

Is it possible that he will blow the engine??

Is it difficult to use??

:D
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]