The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Mind Over Matter...
By ChingMan
Hi everyone, hope someone can help me out!

I have a Honda Civic EP3 Type R and i have kpro 4. everything has been running fine for a year since being tuned. Couple days ago i decided to change the rocker cover seals along with the spark plug seals. I removed the negative battery terminal first then proceeded to remove the earth for the injectors/ecu off the cylinder head. As i was changing the seals, i noticed very slight milky textured oil in the cover. cover back on, ecu earth back on, then neg battery terminal back on. went to start the car and noticed the oil,batter and ecu light staying on. crank the engine and the ecu just clicks like when its uploading a map or something. I preformed the security clear,waited a few mins then uploaded my last map. drove fine for a day, next morning its cold ~3 degrees . same problem, oil,battery and engine light. did the security clear thing again. car starts again but this time the car has a weird rpm surge even when at constant 2% throttle. when i go to give it a little more gas its really boggy, sputters like cray cray and sounds like really bad misfire.

Any help would be much appreciated!
By AdamB92
Check the battery voltage would be my first port of call. Check it when the engine is running also to see if the alternator is charging.
By ChingMan
Thanks for the 2 cents. I managed to get it sorted. Turns out k pro is really anal about the software version when uploading maps etc. Updated to latest version and uploaded map. All is good now

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]