The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Mind Over Matter...
Does anybody have any experience with good, accurate gauges for oil pressure/temperature and boost that aren't deffi? Having a tdi north turbo conversion in March on my ep3 and would like some to monitor things. Also they would need to be 52mm for my gauge pod. Thanks Chris
got myself a depo 4 in 1 oil pressure, oil temperature, water temperature and voltage gauge will be fitting this weekend ment to be decent, was good price and seems like a good idea to just have 1 gauge to check vital stats while out on the track / road
I have all 3 in depo racing. Getting rid soon as the function remote is very very annoying and they randomly change colour sometime

going swap to the prosport as they are just as decent as the depo ones, and can grab em for £122 the set off eBay.

Will admit before someone else slates em that they aren't the most accurate but they indicate close enough if something should be wrong

My boost gauge was actually Bob on when compared to the map sensor in kpro

Prosport also do 45mm gauges so you have half a shot of squeezing em under a single din radio
Thanks lads, I have been looking at the prosport myself but I've also seen a wideband and boost in one gauge by AEM and then I could have oil temp and pressure for the other two gauges. Ideally want them all the same brand though as I'm a little ocd. I'm fitting them in a single din space under the head unit but trying to get 4 gauges in the space of 3 if that makes sense? Jonezy have you got a link to that offer on eBay? Thanks Chris.
I've used ProSport on my DC5, Got Defi gauges on Impreza and am about the replace them with more ProSport gauges.

DC5 ProSport gauges were the "Touch" series and they were a good gauges but a proper PITA, the touch control just doesn't work - the controller is to small to accurately touch the touch sensitive buttons. They don't feel the most quality product but they do work and other than the touch controller I never had an issue.

The Defi Gauges on the Impreza definitely feel like a more quality product right up to the point where you get to the connectors on the control unit and they are so cheap and fragile that they just disintegrate and have thus rendered my control unit with out getting an auto electrician to repair it (solider on new pins). They are a neat installation if going on the top of the dash as only one wire to all the gauges and the control unit itself is a nice touch and easy to use, just needs to be stronger to justify the cost.

I've just bought bought ProSport Warning and Peak series gauges of the Impreza and they look like they will be easier to use than the touch series with just one button on the front of the gauge if you need to use it. Like the touch series they don't feel the highest quality but given its almost 3 ProSport gauges to 1 Defi I can live with that.

Interestingly though, the gauges I've just have delivered are branded Motor Meter Racing but they seem identical to ProSport and the internet would suggest its just a rebrand.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]