The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Mind Over Matter...
By Danny_J
Ive bought a used kpro that is mapped to the same mods as i will be running once i get my JRSC fitted. Am i right in thinking this new ECU with the KPRO will be linked to the car it came off so will not work with my car ? What is required to get it working on my car?

I know to get the immobiliser working you need to take it Honda but will the car work if i install the new ECU with Kpro straight onto my car. Also will the tuners like TDI be able to sort the immobiliser out?

TIA, Dan
By J25LY
Hi mate,
Do you know if the kpro has the map for the JRSC?

If yes then it's just plug and play, if not then you will be able to plug it in but disable the immobiliser in k-manager! I think that's right?

TDi will be able to code the immobiliser to the keys for you + bring both keys!

Regards
J
By Danny_J
J25LY wrote:Hi mate,
Do you know if the kpro has the map for the JRSC?

If yes then it's just plug and play, if not then you will be able to plug it in but disable the immobiliser in k-manager! I think that's right?

TDi will be able to code the immobiliser to the keys for you + bring both keys!

Regards
J
It has a map for JRSC on with the same mods as I'm going to be running.

Yeah I've read about just disabling the immobiliser but then the key symbol constantly flashes!

I'm going to book it into TDI and get them to fit the JRSC along with the KPRO and recoding etc. That way I've atleast got the car set up right and pulling the best it can be!

Can't wait! :)

Already looking at ways to make more power!
By baddohc
If your going to get them to do all the work, no doubt they will recommend a new map too...
Also the map will be locked so you won't be able to turn the immobiliser off if you were to use it as it was.
Getting it coded shouldn't be a lot, £50 or so.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]