The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Mind Over Matter...
By jamie91
Is hondata traction control a plug and play job or will it need mapped etc?

Any one use it along side a Rotrex charger?

Cheers
By jonezy
I beleive it plugs in, jacks the abs sensors.

You have to kinda set it up in kmanager but plenty of people sort it at home

Not sure how it will work with supercharger as if it cuts power suddenly it may not like it
By jamie91
Will a longer final drive not make gears rev longer? I quite like how quick it revs up through them! Tyres are potenzas.

Yeh Rotrex chargers don't seem to like the hard cut! Which is my main worry!!
By jamie91
Only 300 ATM just planing ahead when I get the intercooler upgrade kit from tts next year. Spins enough as is without any extra horse power but that might just be down to the driver lol.
By *nub*
Many people put a 4.7 in. You must get full traction in the dry, rolling in 3rd? With a 4.7 from an EP3 you might just about get traction rolling in second with 300bhp, In the dry of course and depends how fast you're riling U guess. You got LSD?
By jamie91
In the dry no issue but any damp weather first and second spin up! When rolling I don't really have the problem. It Would be on a drag day I struggle to get of the line and feel like traction control could manage the power of the line better than what my right foot could.
Mfactory helical.
By gobbledygook
You need to solder it into the loom at the ABS module under the bonnet, and solder it into the ELD pin into the ECU, but after that it's pretty much plug and play if you have a Kpro.

It's awesome with a supercharger. As the charger adds power smoothly and progressively, if the traction control sees the wheels slipping more than you have it set, it gently removes some ignition timing until traction is restored. You hardly notice it happening if it's setup right and its not harsh at all unless you do something daft like trying to do a burnout with it switched on.

When it's setup properly it works really well. Check out the last video in my build thread, that's me on a wet track at Snetterton. There are 2 green lights that come on occasionally on the double DIN display. The right hand one lights up when the traction control has pulled some ignition timing, usually on the exit of slow corners.
By cressie
As said the TC works very well with supercharger and turbo set ups!!

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]