The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Mind Over Matter...
By noooooobs-type r
Hey guys,

Ive has this for months now but due to my MOT coming up i need to get it sorted asap. Basically i had my sterring rack replaced a few months back. Ever since this was done ive had no horn. Didnt realise until a few weeks after! Then my air bag light came on randomly aswell again about 2-3 weeks after the steering rack was done! I never got around to taking the car back to the garage as it was weeks after so they probably wouldnt take any blame.
I have tried doing the reset procedure with a paper clip but this wouldnt even start the reset procedure at all the light was solid.
Does anybody have any idea before i take the car back in? All wires are connected etc.

Many thanks!

Added in 14 minutes 11 seconds:
Ive done some research and read that the cable reel inside the airbag can break if the rack isnt centred before fitting can anybody confirm this? This would explain the horn, and the reset procedure not working as there will be a break in the circuit? If so a second hand one shouldnt be too expensive?
By 15repyt
If the rack wasn't centred the ring would of broke quicker than 2-3 weeks later, I would say it's a coincidence. Don't guess mate get the codes read.
By noooooobs-type r
But the horn didnt work straight away i was thinking it was damaged but then broke completely. I dont know but im not paying honda £70 to read it thats for sure

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]