The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Mind Over Matter...
By FLOBALOB
Just had the Reflash done by CPL about a month ago. More than happy. The main thing it obviously does is move the VTEC start limit down to 5200 rpm from the standard 5800 , and then it moves the rev limiter up to 8600 rpm instead of the standard 8100.
Both these things are very noticeable, and a major improvement ( IMO ) over standard. I did trackdays just before and just after getting it done and the difference was easily noticeable. For the price..well worth it.
By Norv
I'll have dyno prints for this in the next couple of weeks. It's been done and Ecu has been delivered just need to fit it and then dyno it again. Will be interesting to see what changes actually happen. I'll make a thread once I have the comparison. It's your Ecu which you send off, they fit a k100 piggyback Ecu with a generic map on it. People slate generic maps in general as they don't offer the best potential for all engines, but the standard map is generic so make of that what you will.

Added in 55 minutes 19 seconds:
It also works out pretty cheap as your Ecu gets upgraded and your immobiliser works as normal, then once you have any more mods done you can get another custom remap. It spreads the costs a bit and means you get a little bit more fun a bit earlier on! Like I said above, I have the before dyno results. Will have the after results in the next week or 2.
By Norv
It also works out pretty cheap as your Ecu gets upgraded and your immobiliser works as normal, then once you have any more mods done you can get another custom remap. It spreads the costs a bit and means you get a little bit more fun a bit earlier on! Like I said above, I have the before dyno results. Will have the after results in the next week or 2.
By Rigsby01
Norv wrote:It also works out pretty cheap as your Ecu gets upgraded and your immobiliser works as normal, then once you have any more mods done you can get another custom remap. It spreads the costs a bit and means you get a little bit more fun a bit earlier on! Like I said above, I have the before dyno results. Will have the after results in the next week or 2.
Did you get it on the dyno?
What mods did you have when you had the reflash?
By Norv
Hi mate, no I never got round to getting it on the dyno, I left it too long and it was a lot warmer so I didn't bother.

It's a good option as a stop gap to a proper map. The downsides are it makes the car quite jerky in slow moving traffic. And cold starts it revs even higher for longer. I had to remove the idle air assist valve to help sort the problem, but at times when it's really cold it's holding the revs at 2k so can act like cruise control if you're in a high gear at low speeds. It's quite annoying as I do a short commute so it does it the whole journey. I'm planning to fit inlet and exhaust manifolds and get a proper map asap as the colder months are coming.

The rev limit and lower vtec is good fun though, and overall I'd say it's worth it, but I wouldn't want it to be the long term solution.

Any more questions then fire away mate.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
By Rigsby01
Cheers Norv, the high idle sounds a pain.

I do short journey to work, so could be quite annoying. I'll probably still go for it as lower vtec and higher rpm is what i want
By blueboy1971
Also been thinking about this as i am assuming it is a K100 with generic 'modified' map by Guy? Also do short journeys so the idle issue bothers me and would want that mapped correctly so may be better off going for K100 and a proper map even with only the few mods i have. Ironing out the mid range from the generic map would be the most benefit.
By Norv
Yeah it was painful at first. Blocking the idle air assist valve helped, but still rubbish. Wasted a lot of time looking for the fault that turned out to be the reflash. Mapped by romain and it's made a world of difference. Drives perfectly, better than stock.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]