The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Mind Over Matter...
By *nub*
booked it in with Honda today for late next week. one of them was asking me what holder it had in because apparently some of those have caused the issue and might need another OEM replacement holder. I told him I don;t have a clue whats in there anyway lulz but they will check it out on the day. So I just hope my one remaining headlight doesnt blow before the 16th or it's going be difficult to see :cool:
By *nub*
both of my headlights are now gone lol. car is booked in at Honda on thursday and thats the earliest they could do so until then i'm only able to drive between sunrise and sunset when it's bright enough :/
By mjhamilton
seriously - it is the same as a bulb swap, if you can do this then you are golden - 5 minutes each side..... very simple to do it is just the part that the H1 bulb pushed into
By brucelee11271940
mjhamilton wrote:seriously - it is the same as a bulb swap, if you can do this then you are golden - 5 minutes each side..... very simple to do it is just the part that the H1 bulb pushed into
I cleaned mine out and the lights seem to be ok for now. I just mess with the stalk on the steering wheel, flip between dim, main beams and full beams then they seem to work. Any idea what might be causing that? They both go out or they both turn on. The left side light was perfect, no dirt or nothing.
By mjhamilton
brucelee11271940 wrote:
mjhamilton wrote:seriously - it is the same as a bulb swap, if you can do this then you are golden - 5 minutes each side..... very simple to do it is just the part that the H1 bulb pushed into
I cleaned mine out and the lights seem to be ok for now. I just mess with the stalk on the steering wheel, flip between dim, main beams and full beams then they seem to work. Any idea what might be causing that? They both go out or they both turn on. The left side light was perfect, no dirt or nothing.

to me that sounds like a bad contact in the switchgear or a faulty relay - could also be a corroded earth but the first two are where I would start
By *nub*
Yes it was done on January the 14th I think? It cost a total of £61 or so at local Honda. This included 2 bulb holders and whatever labour they did. I did ask them to check for any electrical faults that potentially might be causing the issue so that may have bumped the labour up a bit I don't know, holders were £11 I think, dunno if that was each. I could find out exact details if anyone wants. probably expensive but I don't care. Both my bulbs are still working and they are the bulbs sold on the forum, not Honda bulbs.
*nub* wrote:Yes it was done on January the 14th I think? It cost a total of £61 or so at local Honda. This included 2 bulb holders and whatever labour they did. I did ask them to check for any electrical faults that potentially might be causing the issue so that may have bumped the labour up a bit I don't know, holders were £11 I think, dunno if that was each. I could find out exact details if anyone wants. probably expensive but I don't care. Both my bulbs are still working and they are the bulbs sold on the forum, not Honda bulbs.
Ahhh ok cool. I was fine but the other day I went to flash a driver to say thanks and my main beams went off haha
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]