The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Mind Over Matter...
By shaRRpy
With the aem Cai or the injen is it just a straight swap for the OEM air box or do you have to move anything like the battery.also do they come with cold air feeds as I have the air ducts in the fog lights.
By t-one234
jl_ep3 wrote:
t-one234 wrote:which is the best open cone to use? I will be getting cold air feeds put in too, i can see my filter at the back
if your looking for an open cone, any as long as it is away from engine bay. AEM CAI or Injen both the same, (sits inside front bumper near passenger wheel arch) really good alternative to gruppe M, Teg M for gains.

Steer clear of:-

K&N Typhoon
AEM V2 or similar
thanks for that buddy

have you got a pic of the aem cai or injen fitted? just so i can know the difference and are those the 2 that can cause bad running should you drive through a lake?

also, my car had a V2 on it so do you have any idea what these are worth second hand?
By Kuhan
The K&N typhoon and aem are not as bad as people say, besides you can run a cold air feed from the fog light to the intake.

Of course they suffer from heatsoak when your stuck in traffic and slow driving around town but it's still a excellent piece of kit and the noise is on another level.

With the cold air feed you will not notice a different in performance
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]