The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Mind Over Matter...
R4SC4L wrote:
RobCTR wrote:So if your having a k100 fitted does this mean the immobiliser will be permanently disabled once fitted, as their is no connection point for the dealer to plug to? :scratch:
I was wondering about this also? I don't think I'd ever play around with K-Pro sufficiently myself to justify the extra ££'s so was looking to buy a 2nd hand K100. Does anyone know the answer to Rob's question :scratch:
A tunner can enable or disable the to immobliser for you.
Settez wrote:Ok ive got the calibration amended and saved under a new name but now when I go back into kmanager and try to find it the folder is empty. is this a antivirus/firewall issue?? very confusing. :eh?:
Can you see the file if you browse to it from Windows explorer? If so it may be that you have it saved with a file extension that KManager doesn't recognise.
gatecrasher3 wrote:
Settez wrote:Ok ive got the calibration amended and saved under a new name but now when I go back into kmanager and try to find it the folder is empty. is this a antivirus/firewall issue?? very confusing. :eh?:
Can you see the file if you browse to it from Windows explorer? If so it may be that you have it saved with a file extension that KManager doesn't recognise.
Thanks mate, got there in the end, im a mac user and was just being a vista noob and need to show 'all files' in the folder. :roll:

All working now and :eek: its awesome!
Just bought second hand ecu with K100.

Don't know if immobiliser is enabled or not.. If it is imobilised, is it just a case of taking it to Honda, swapping the ecu (guessing it won't start at that point) and having them recode the keys.

If it isn't, I can swap them over and the car will start straight off but still need the keys recoded?

Also, if i find my car doesnt start if i fit the k100 ecu, i can just swap back in my oem ecu and all will be ok again?? albeit standard :(
Last edited by mc36155 on Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
mc36155 wrote:Anyone?
Not sure. I posted a topic on similar lines to this on here and on TRO a few weeks ago so may be worth having a look incase it gives you some answers. General consensus i got was to take it to a hondata dealer eg TDI North and get them to sort it. Wont be too costly to get done and apparently honda dont like touching a modified ecu so a tuner may be your only option.

Worth asking a Hondata dealer for advice direct and see what they say.

If it was a KPRO you could just check if the immobiliser was active or not by connecting it to kmanager. K100 is a bit harder as you wont be able to do it yourself. However i would have thought if the immobiler was active, so it wouldnt start with your cars keys, once you put your old ecu back in then car should start? The immobilser will only be linked to the k100 ecu and old keys etc

Also if immobiliser isnt active then yes you are right th3 car will start with your keys but wont have an immobilser active obviously... Green key symbol on dash will also constantly flash

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]