The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Mind Over Matter...
Must be your windows settings mate as mine does it fine! What is odd is just this week when I open K manager, a message pops up saying

"this software is several months old and there is likely to be a newer version"

But I up to date.

How often do Hondata release updates?
Just bought a Kpro and thought I would download Kmanager before it arrives to have a look.

I have found the RSX cold air map in RSX (Type S) - PRB, which I will run before I take it somewhere to get mapped. But I can't see where you change the ECU type? or why you need to use notepad?
evilowl wrote:When you get to the Honda dealer, you'll need a laptop running KManager software from the hondata website.

Open KManager on your laptop and select file>open. You'll get the list of maps that come with the software preloaded. Right click k20a2-rsx-coldair and select "open with" and choose notepad

Change the ECU type from 3 to 2 and click file>save in notepad

Now you can open that map in KManager. From the top menu select Parameters>misc. Here you can enable the immobiliser. Then select Knock/TPS and ensure the knock sensor box is ticked, and also tick the lower box for flashing MIL when knock is detected.

Now save the map by clicking file>save as and choosing a new name for the map (e.g k20a2-rsx-coldair-immob) . You can't overwrite the existing one.
Plug the USB lead from the ECU into the laptop and put the keys in the ignition, and switch the ignition on (but don't start the car). If you haven't ever connected the laptop to the ECU before the laptop will recognise the ECU and will ask for drivers. Choose to install the drivers manually and point the installation directory to the KManager folder (ie c:\program files\kmanager ) and click ok. It will then find the drivers and give you a warning that the drivers aren't digitally signed but click continue anyway.

When that's finished, in KManager click Online>Upload. It will take around 60 seconds to upload the map and you will hear a click from the ignition when it resets itself.

Now the Honda dealer can get to work coding the immobiliser. It should only take 20-30 minutes so you should be charged for a maximum of half an hour's labour at the dealers normal rates plus VAT.
Sorry if this sounds like a daft question but it’s regarding the immobiliser coding. Going off what you wrote does that mean the immobiliser will only work with the map that you have in place when Honda re-code the keys?

Say I take it to Honda with the RSX cold air map on to be coded, then a few months later I have a different map done on a rolling road will I have to have the keys coded again?
RobCTR wrote:So if your having a k100 fitted does this mean the immobiliser will be permanently disabled once fitted, as their is no connection point for the dealer to plug to? :scratch:
I was wondering about this also? I don't think I'd ever play around with K-Pro sufficiently myself to justify the extra ££'s so was looking to buy a 2nd hand K100. Does anyone know the answer to Rob's question :scratch:
My Kpro is being installed at honda tomorrow, the ECU is 2nd hand from a member on here, it already has a map on there with the imob engaged.

Also, the map that's already on the kpro, when i plug it up to kmanager, will that map on the ECU show on KManager, as at the moment the KManager just has the default maps but the map on the ECU has been mapped by CPL I believe.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]