The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Mind Over Matter...
ryansss wrote:Another word of advice do not mention it's a chipped ecu!
Sorry if this is a stupid question but... How do you go about this when your sat in their workshop with your laptop out plugged into the glove box? :scratch:

Oh and whilst I'm here... Can I by pass this hassle if I get it fitted at at tdi, cpl, etc or will I still need to go and get it recoded once they've fitted and tuned it?

Cheers
jimtum wrote:This might seem like a silly question but hypatheticaly, if you got a kpro from a crashed type r, could you get the lock set, and keys from the crashed vehicle and transfer the lot to your vehicle?
You wouldn't need to, you could just use a laptop to disable the immobiliser and then use it straight away in another car. Then take it to a Honda garage to get your ignition barrel coded to the Kpro ECU
So how would you recode a k100 ecu to your immobiliser? you cant connect a laptop to k100, so do i just plug in the k100 at the dealers, then they can roll the car into their workshop and recode it?
Im asking because im thinking of having a k100 installed in mine.
warrenh32 wrote:Please can someone confirm something for me.

I plan to buy a KPro'd ECU and get my keys coded. If when the time comes to sell my car, I decide to plug the original ECU back in, am I then right in saying I won't need to get the immobiliser recoded again?
iirc only 1 ecu can be coded to your car at a time, ie when you re-code the k-pro, the std ecu would need re-coding again when it is re-installed, :salut:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]