The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Mind Over Matter...
By sajon44
well my insurance listed it as an engine upgrade,which includes two other modifications ,so i put an air filter and exhaust on there.
By miniturbo
Hi, mine came today, so havent had a chance to fit it yet. The info sheet that comes with it says that the 2nd o2 sensor is disabled and that the oil level sensor is disabled. A bit cheesed off about the oil sensor if for some reason i got masive loss of oil pressure its game over as i wouldnt know at all until things seeze up! fun.

Ive spent out for the ecu and want the gains etc but i dont want to drive around with this little niggle even if the smallest of niggles that my engine may get screwed up. should i be worried? an ep3 ever died due to a hondata ecu??

Im not mocking the ecu or saying i dont want it or anything, i just want you guys save my worries.

Cheers, save my worries!
By CPL Racing
miniturbo wrote:Hi, mine came today, so havent had a chance to fit it yet. The info sheet that comes with it says that the 2nd o2 sensor is disabled and that the oil level sensor is disabled. A bit cheesed off about the oil sensor if for some reason i got masive loss of oil pressure its game over as i wouldnt know at all until things seeze up! fun.

Ive spent out for the ecu and want the gains etc but i dont want to drive around with this little niggle even if the smallest of niggles that my engine may get screwed up. should i be worried? an ep3 ever died due to a hondata ecu??

Im not mocking the ecu or saying i dont want it or anything, i just want you guys save my worries.

Cheers, save my worries!
You still have the oil pressure light on the dash, hope this helps
By miniturbo
Agh ok, i must have miss understood then. What does it mean by the oil sensor then?

Im putting it in tomoz so will no doubt leave a glowing report!
By miniturbo
i see, ok. no great loss then.

one last quickie, when you disconnect the battery do you need to re code the radio when you plug back in? also the first drive on the new cpu do you just jump in and boot off down the road or allow it to "bed in"?

Cheers
By joeke
I checked but thats a boost at 3900 rpm because vtec comes in, like to see it in normal condition how the graph goes. But if it's really good I will buy it, can we pay with VISA or Pay Pall?

:santa:
By evilowl
joeke wrote:I checked but thats a boost at 3900 rpm because vtec comes in, like to see it in normal condition how the graph goes.
???

The red line is a standard FN2, the blue one is an FN2 with a Hondata ECU.

Are you saying you want to see a dyno chart without VTEC? What would be the point of that?
By miniturbo
joeke wrote:I checked but thats a boost at 3900 rpm because vtec comes in, like to see it in normal condition how the graph goes. But if it's really good I will buy it, can we pay with VISA or Pay Pall?

:santa:
Why dont you just read the whole post as a pose to messing up a quite informative thread.
By tedisbill
Question for the people that have had this fitted.

Just wondering how people are finding this mod now?

Any problems?

Do you still find that the mid-range increase is much better? The initial contrast has not worn off?

Fuel consumption. Any noticeable increase/decrease?

Thanks in advance people.
By miniturbo
Hi, I supose this is directed to Cpl, how will this cpu run with a decat/sports cat? Will we need an o2 sensor or is the cat sensor one of exhaust sensors that disabled?
By CPL Racing
It was tested with one of our fully decatted manifold so there will be no lean running issues, however performance would not be as good.

An o2 sim is not required with the ecu.

If you were considering running a decat pipe or manifold without the ecu we do have an o2 sim for thr FN2 but it would not be our first recommendation to go down this route.

Guy

miniturbo wrote:Hi, I supose this is directed to Cpl, how will this cpu run with a decat/sports cat? Will we need an o2 sensor or is the cat sensor one of exhaust sensors that disabled?
Last edited by evilowl on Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: fixed quoting
By miniturbo
Ok, Thanks for the fast reply. So no more easy bolt on mods then untill a decent induction kit comes along then. How will the ecu respond to a cai when one finally comes out?
Thanks again!
By CPL Racing
The ecu responds very well to a well designed cai.

All of the intakes we have tested to date both with and without the ecu loose power.

Did you see the article we did in Jap Performance a few months ago? This showed ecu, ecu/cai and ecu/caiand header.
By miniturbo
CPL Racing wrote:The ecu responds very well to a well designed cai.

All of the intakes we have tested to date both with and without the ecu loose power.

Did you see the article we did in Jap Performance a few months ago? This showed ecu, ecu/cai and ecu/caiand header.
Ok, what well designed cai are we talking? Fn2 guys are crying out for one!

I didnt see the article no. Are there dyno charts for the above? with cai/header etc.

Thanks again!
By ste00
evilowl wrote:
geoff8386 wrote:1. Honda Warrenty gone when fitted - how do they know - surely if something goes wrong or a service then replace the old ecu? - is this correct?

So if you break down at the side of a motorway and the AA take your car back to your dealer and the ecu is sitting in your garage at home. That would be a bit of a giveaway. So would the fitment of a third party immobiliser.
geoff8386 wrote:2. How much is the new ecu? on cpl racing have to call for a price.
Answered earlier in this thread
geoff8386 wrote:3. where does the vtec excatly start from now (and end)
Also answered earlier in this thread
geoff8386 wrote:4. when I phone up my insurance - what excatly do I say "do I say a new ecu has been fitted" will they ask anymore questions
I suppose it makes more sense to tell them that you've fitted a new ECU compared to telling them what you had for breakfast this morning??? Unfortunately neither I, nor probably anyone else on here works for your insurance company so I couldn't possibly hazard a guess what they will ask you....apart from perhaps your credit card number so have it handy when you call.
geoff8386 wrote:5. could there be possible upgrades in the future for this ecu
Maybe. Maybe not. How long is a piece of string?
geoff8386 wrote:6 this is the only mod I would probably do as its not permanet i.e. you can replace it with the old version, if I was going to sell the car 2nd hand I would put the old ecu in take it for a spin to get used to old ecu and sell cpl ecu on ebay?
Are you asking us or telling us?
geoff8386 wrote:7. I've replaced the bulbs in the car - as I've done that could I replace the ecu myself!!
Can you tell the difference between a screwdriver and a spanner? If you can, maybe.
geoff8386 wrote:8. once fitted everything else works 1000% i heard before the imobillser didn't work
Again that has already been answered in this thread.
WHAT A GREAT THREAD and the above is probably the best reply in any forum i have read.,.... :cooldude:

This all sounds good, I think i'll have to convince the missus that she doen;t need a dress to get married in and I'm there!!!

Good work guys, meant to take 10 mins for lunch and been through this whole thread, now just have to convince my boss that the work he's expecting isn;t important...

In essence you have RUINED my career and my relationship, thanks a bunch... :bad-words:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]