The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Mind Over Matter...
By tp
-=Stella Artois=- wrote:If the ECU from CPL has the immobiliser, then they would advertise the fact. But they have said that the immobiliser is not operational on the FN2, and the documentation that you get with the ECU, says the same. I would have thought that CPL would be the first to announce that they had overcome the issue with the immobiliser.
The Reflashed ECU DOES have the immobiliser but it is dissabled for ease of use at the moment. There isn't an issue with it. Issue is with the end user i.e me and you.

You would have to take your car to the dealers with the standard ecu, swap for the new ecu and get them to recode the keys to the new ECU.
Problem is you cannot go back to the standard ecu, the dealer also knows you have a modified ecu and your waranty would be screwed.

Just use the reflashed ecu as it is. Your alarm still works fine, just get another cat1 system fitted to immobilise the car and you will be fine.

That's the way I understand it.
By -=Stella Artois=-
tp wrote:
-=Stella Artois=- wrote:If the ECU from CPL has the immobiliser, then they would advertise the fact. But they have said that the immobiliser is not operational on the FN2, and the documentation that you get with the ECU, says the same. I would have thought that CPL would be the first to announce that they had overcome the issue with the immobiliser.
The Reflashed ECU DOES have the immobiliser but it is dissabled for ease of use at the moment. There isn't an issue with it. Issue is with the end user i.e me and you.

You would have to take your car to the dealers with the standard ecu, swap for the new ecu and get them to recode the keys to the new ECU.
Problem is you cannot go back to the standard ecu, the dealer also knows you have a modified ecu and your waranty would be screwed.

Just use the reflashed ecu as it is. Your alarm still works fine, just get another cat1 system fitted to immobilise the car and you will be fine.

That's the way I understand it.
Hehe... I no longer have the car... It was stolen, remember..... :P
By tp
-=Stella Artois=- wrote:
Hehe... I no longer have the car... It was stolen, remember..... :P
Still doesnt matter what you have if they have the keys, and/or trailor and they want the car. :sad:
Feel for you mate. I know Exactly what you been going through only we had our house broken into to get to the car.
By dinoc
Why do you say that you cannot go back to the standard ECU ?
By StarTrack
dinoc wrote:Why do you say that you cannot go back to the standard ECU ?
well if you recode the lot to the NEW ecu then the car doesnt know about the old ECU anymore.

Would you want to go back to the old ecu you would then need to recode back to your first ecu.

If I have understood TP's point then he means that you cannot just swap one ecu for the other. If you do not get the car recoded then you can pop back your old ECU when you take the car back to honda for service etc...
By NDFN2
Hello people,
i also have very big interest in this FN2 Reflash ECU.
Where from one gets them most favorable and is possible a dispatch to Germany?
For yours answer i am very grateful!

Greeting,
Matthias
PS: How contently is since her with this ECU and around how much higher your consumption? Does it damage to the engine?
By pmpafonso
Just a quick question.

If i buy an FN2 Hondata Group N ECU, is there a problem if i keep switching it for the stock one, every time i want to go the to Honda Dealer or if i want to change it when going on vacations(because of the immobilizer issue). Don't want to lose the warranty by having a modification in the first years....

Thx for your help.
By tedisbill
pmpafonso wrote:Just a quick question.

If i buy an FN2 Hondata Group N ECU, is there a problem if i keep switching it for the stock one, every time i want to go the to Honda Dealer or if i want to change it when going on vacations(because of the immobilizer issue). Don't want to lose the warranty by having a modification in the first years....

Thx for your help.
I would be very careful if you're not going to get a third party immobiliser. If your car was stolen with the Hondata ECU fitted at the time, your insurance would be void.

Also, if you had a problem with your car and wanted to take it to Honda, I would have thought that they can see you have only just installed your old ECU. So they may have a problem because you have been messing about with your car.
By dinoc
Hi guys ,

I'm not sure I've understood this ... with Hondata ECU if (for some reason) I'll go low in oil ... will the oil pressure light turn on , on the dash ?
Anyone know the reason wht the oil sensor is used for and why is disabled with Hondata ECU ?

Cheers,
dinoc
CPL Racing wrote:
miniturbo wrote:Hi, mine came today, so havent had a chance to fit it yet. The info sheet that comes with it says that the 2nd o2 sensor is disabled and that the oil level sensor is disabled. A bit cheesed off about the oil sensor if for some reason i got masive loss of oil pressure its game over as i wouldnt know at all until things seeze up! fun.

Ive spent out for the ecu and want the gains etc but i dont want to drive around with this little niggle even if the smallest of niggles that my engine may get screwed up. should i be worried? an ep3 ever died due to a hondata ecu??

Im not mocking the ecu or saying i dont want it or anything, i just want you guys save my worries.

Cheers, save my worries!
You still have the oil pressure light on the dash, hope this helps
By lozhoon
hello anyone got hondata ? how does it effect accelaration as in 0-62?
By evilowl
lozhoon wrote:hello anyone got hondata ? how does it effect accelaration as in 0-62?
The increased rev limit to 8600 will allow 60mph in 2nd gear rather than 3rd so you will shave a few tenths off.
By Wasser098
Hi guys/gals

I have read this tread from start to finish and am very interested in the reflashed ecu. I know the ecu can be swapped relatively easily with the stock one but I’m not too keen on the idea of not having an immobiliser on the car for obvious reasons (insurance in particular). It has been said many times here that a 3rd party immobiliser can be fitted. However, being a complete novice I don’t fancy the idea of installing/uninstalling it myself every time the car needs a service (don’t want Honda to know I have been using an upgraded ecu – bye bye warranty).

While the performance gains are great, there seems to be too many things stacked AGAINST an upgrade…

I drive an `07 Type R (11 months old). Should I leave things alone and be happy with what I’ve got or is there a satisfactory way around the 'problem'? Anyone else in a similar position/dilemma? :vconf:
By evilowl
It only takes 5 minutes to swap ECU's. As long as you can tell one end of a screwdriver or spanner from another, you won't have any problems doing it yourself
By tedisbill
And also, once you take to the time to swap it once, you will then become comfortable with swapping them. Might take a bit longer the first time but after that it will be a doddle.
By RevHard
Original-One wrote:Hello!

Can anyone tell me if this ECU works well with exhaust manifold and complete custom made exhaust (decated)????
It works fine with your car, why do you bother? :-D
By Original-One
RevHard wrote:
Original-One wrote:Hello!

Can anyone tell me if this ECU works well with exhaust manifold and complete custom made exhaust (decated)????
It works fine with your car, why do you bother? :-D
Yes, but the question was asked before(when i didnt have the ECU yet)

But now i can confirm, it works well :D
By FAT4Y
im thinkin about giving up my dastek remap for one of these..wana se what the vtec is like kicking in at 3500rpm lol
By CPL Racing
I would like to clarify something which seems to be misunderstood on here:

If you purchase the reflash ecu from us with the immobiliser enabled and have the keys coded b the dealer you can swap between your original ecu and the reflash ecu.

Also the ecu was tune with our header and works well, we have not tested this with any other headers.

Guy

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]