The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Mind Over Matter...
By CPL Racing
Here is a link to a track test video at Calder Raceway

Last edited by fingery on Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Embedded YouTube vid into post
By Tomola
Hey! That's me, dahm the internet is a small place. :lol:

Vtec in @ 3800 Rpm.
Revs to 8600 Rpm.
Didn't have any warning lights about the immobilizer - what do you need one for anyway?

Feels very impressive, I believe it's still in early development days, when it's finished I'll be the first to buy one :twisted:
By evilowl
Tomola wrote:Hey! That's me, dahm the internet is a small place. :lol:

Vtec in @ 3800 Rpm.
Revs to 8600 Rpm.
Didn't have any warning lights about the immobilizer - what do you need one for anyway?

Feels very impressive, I believe it's still in early development days, when it's finished I'll be the first to buy one :twisted:
In the uk the factory immobiliser is disabled with the Hondata ECU for the FN2. We need an immobiliser for insurance purposes - if our cars were stolen and the insurance company found out the immobilser was disabled they wouldn't pay out for the theft. Over here in the UK all the EP3's that are stolen are taken due to break in's and the keys being taken while the owner is asleep. The immobilisers are pretty good.
By tp
evilowl wrote:My advice would be DO GET ONE :-D

and then buy a 3rd party immobiliser from Clifford or Toad or similar, they should cost around £100

http://www.prestigecustomsautosound.com ... d_pg_2.htm
http://www.dcp-shop.co.uk/buy-car-acces ... s_id=18333

etc etc
I will be doing just that as soon as I have a few issues ironed out and parts sorted. :twisted:
By Tomola
jasonevans wrote:My word that looks like a bloody awfull track !
It's a pretty tight track but with a nice long straight.
By seiken
Hey guys

I actually got to try out this ECU today @ J-Tune's Accord Euro demo and i'm impressed with how it goes.

They just took out my ecu and replaced it with the hondata one. Once you start the car the engine oil light and the warning lights come on.

From low rpm there isn't much difference if any at all but in the mid range where i feel is a flat spot between 3-6Krpm, the car keeps surging forward with this ecu and right out to redline of 8400rpm. I was told it was 8600rpm but the car seemed to bounce off the limiter at around 8400-8500rpm, but i might have been to busy looking out for cops haha.

Can't wait to see what they come up with :)
By TAS1980
Does anyone know when the new ECU will be available?

When I say the new ECU, I mean the ECU that will enable you to keep the standard immobilser and other goodies?

Cheers guys,

Tim
By evilowl
TAS1980 wrote:Does anyone know when the new ECU will be available?

When I say the new ECU, I mean the ECU that will enable you to keep the standard immobilser and other goodies?

Cheers guys,

Tim
If it's the same as the time delay between the original Hondata reflash and KPro for the K20's you can expect it to be a couple of years.
By TAS1980
evilowl wrote:
TAS1980 wrote:Does anyone know when the new ECU will be available?

Cheers guys,

Tim
If it's the same as the time delay between the original Hondata reflash and KPro for the K20's you can expect it to be a couple of years.
Really?? Ah man... :(
By mr_flan
from the CPL site
Honda Civic Type R - Reflashed ECU

Specifically modified for the latest Honda Civic Type R (K20A), Hondata's reflashed ECU is reprogrammed to provide much improved throttle response, acceleration, horsepower and torque. The VTEC point has been lowered to 5200rpm and the rev limit raised to 8600 rpm. At its best point the increase in horsepower is between 25-30 bhp.
I'm seriously thinking of getting one of these if the figures are correct.
Last edited by mr_flan on Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]