The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Mind Over Matter...
By elsie
2 things

1 - I've just read through all 10 pages of this thread and its like Groundhog day. Evil Owl must be sick of answering the same questions.
would like to clarify something which seems to be misunderstood on here:

If you purchase the reflash ecu from us with the immobiliser enabled and have the keys coded b the dealer you can swap between your original ecu and the reflash ecu.

Also the ecu was tune with our header and works well, we have not tested this with any other headers.

Guy
2 - If I'm understanding the post from GUY above, once you reprogramme your keys you can swap your ECU's as you please and the immoboliser will work. If you took your car to a different dealer to get your keys re programmed, would the dealer you bought your car from know about it, or be able to tell when you take it in for a service if you put the old ECU back on?
By ricmoon
I like your thinking, but i guess honda must have a system where by they can see your car history on file that all dealers can access?

For me its simple, if you buy the ecu then you need to add on price for immobiliser. so its a mod that cost £750 all in? Then swap ECU when going in for any work at the honda dealers. Please tell me i am right.
By dz02
Seriously thinking about getting the Hondata for my FN2. Is it worth it or should I wait a few more months if theres anything else in the pipeline?
By dz02
miniturbo wrote:Any ideas on when we might have a mapable Hondata ecu on the market????

Thanks in advance
Possibly this year sometime is what I heard ... :vconf:
By miniturbo
dz02 wrote:
miniturbo wrote:Any ideas on when we might have a mapable Hondata ecu on the market????

Thanks in advance
Possibly this year sometime is what I heard ... :vconf:

Any further info on this? It really cant come soon enough for me! Well i say that but im not really 100% sure what to expect, what kind of gains etc did the EP3 see when it could be mapped? Im running Gruppe M, Miltek, and CPL manifold and of course the Hondata ecu.

Thanks again.
By FAT4Y
on the civinfo forum there is a new flashpro coming out for the fn2..go to their site to read more about it;)
By CPL Racing
Postage by Royal Mail Special Delivery is £9.50, but we can do free postage within the UK for Flashpros until the end of this month, please quote your forum name.
By Stevo M81
CPL Racing wrote:Postage by Royal Mail Special Delivery is £9.50, but we can do free postage within the UK for Flashpros until the end of this month, please quote your forum name.
It won't be till January before I order as have to get my kids sorted for Christmas 1st, it makes the flashpro seem cheap compared to those 2 little mods. Surely in January it's the January sales so postage should be free hmmm :wink: :-D

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]