The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Down A Bit, Down A Bit, That's It...
By Collister
Hi Guys,
I'm looking for advice on track setups the car handles reasonably well but needs a bit more time on setup I'm currently running a pretty neutral setup as the car was going to be used for hill climbs also. I am now looking to just use the car purely for track.
Current setup
1degree camber all round
.5toe rear (I will check)
superpro castor increase bushes
extended ball joints
HSD Coilovers
rack raiser
subframe locking collar kit
10mm front spacers
225/45/17 NS2R's

Ideally I'm now looking to get
Castor increase top mounts
Progress 24mm arb
shorter track rods
and run a more aggressive setup.

Is it worth looking to run DC5 bottom arms?

Anyone help?
By Collister
1812_s wrote:yours looks pretty good as is tbh.
Id get a rear arb JDM or progress and a limited slip diff if you havent got one already

Lsd is your priority if you dont have it
Cheers it's good but still needs work it's not as planted as I would like in the tighter corners

I'm looking to get an Arb next.

I've already got a quaife Atb diff.
By Collister
Lewisgame wrote:Remove rack raiser. More negative camber on the front. Better coilovers and spring rates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why remove the raiser surely shorter track rods is a better option? All the cup cars run rack risers

I will be upgrading Coilovers but not till later in the year due to buying a house so just looking to do the cheaper things first
By Lewisgame
Collister wrote:
Lewisgame wrote:Remove rack raiser. More negative camber on the front. Better coilovers and spring rates.

Why remove the raiser surely shorter track rods is a better option?

I will be upgrading Coilovers but not till later in the year due to buying a house so just looking to do the cheaper things first
Rack raiser with most generic coilovers over corrects the steering arm angle (arm angle is too straight) giving you horrible bump steer. I've recently removed mine and I'm using MeisterR coilovers. It's massively improved steering feel and stability.

By Collister
Lewisgame wrote:
Collister wrote:

Why remove the raiser surely shorter track rods is a better option?

Rack raiser with most generic coilovers over corrects the steering arm angle (arm angle is too straight) giving you horrible bump steer. I've recently removed mine and I'm using MeisterR coilovers. It's massively improved steering feel and stability.

Oh right it's definitely helped on mine it was struggling prior to fitting it with the car pulling all over the road under hard acceleration seems to have fixed that issue

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]