The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Down A Bit, Down A Bit, That's It...
Hello people I've had some 30mm lowering springs fitted to my 03 ctr ep3. At first i had thudding and clonking over bumps after the install but soon after switching the oem spring rubbers onto the lowering springs it has been fine but i also have a popping noise when turning the steering lock to lock more noticeable from center to left lock and from left lock back to center. It was spot on before the springs were put in and i dont think my top mounts or bearings need doing. The spring may be moving.. Or popping and twisting dont know. Some say it will settle after a few weeks of driving bu im not sure as the clunking and popping was never there before they were installed. Theyre sat the right way etc. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk
Sounds just like spring binding to me.one of my ep3s did Just the same as soon as I had the springs fitted. It sounds like a sort of creaking noise when turning at slow speeds mainly when uising a lot of lock as oppose to just going round a roundabout. As long as the springs have seated correctly it's nothing to worry about. Had mine for about 4 years and it was fine.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]