The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Down A Bit, Down A Bit, That's It...
Hi guys I'd like to get all your advise. Basically I have devoloped a knock/click, I've narrowed it down to this after jacking it up today.
Not track rod ends
Not inner tie rod
Not links
Not lower ball joint
Not cv joint
Not engine mounts
Possibly Meister r shock with pillow ball metal top mounts, only 1 year old
Possibly rack

Now when I'm driving I pull up to a junction really slow at a rolling pace, I put my foot on the clutch and just and I'm about to fully stop I realise my foot off of the brake and it goes knock/click. You can feel it through the clutch pedal so I know it's definitely Coming. From the lower drivers steering rack area. It sounds like a light knock/click, it does it when stationary to, I had my old dear sit in the drivers seat and turn full lock right many times and just as you come off of right lock it goes knock. You can hear it in the bay, if I touch certain things in the bay like the shock tower and the brake master cyclinder I can feel the knock like it's transisting if that's the right word.

Please guys really need all the advise I can get. Many thanks, Chris.
Last edited by EP3chris1 on Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By EP3chris1
I've got meister r coilovers on the car with the pillow ball top mounts. They are only one year old.
With the vehicle off the ground it won't do it only when loaded I jacked it up and sprayed grease on the pillow ball top mount and the bearing of the shock, it doesn't feel like it's got play to be honest.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]