The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Down A Bit, Down A Bit, That's It...
By Lewisgame
The top mount and the bearing the spring sits on are 2 separate parts. Although I would imagine both parts would of been changed.
I'm not sure if the springs are a different shape on the bottom to the top. Generally the tighter bound coils sit on the bottom.
By Kameleon
I queried the same thing with ABP when I bought my Eibach springs from them.

You need to make sure the writing on the springs is the correct way up, you'll notice that in doing so, the plastic coating is the opposite way round to the rears. I am 90% sure the rear coating is at the bottom and the top springs coating is at the top.
By analyzer64
Hi,

i've installed new shock absorbers (KYB), new oem bearings and oem top hats. Eibachs are moving in struts, i hear a noise when i'm turning a steering wheel while parking especially.

Struts are mounted correctly (there is a triangle on the top hat and top of the cusion spring, all is directed outside to the fender).

I'll add, that i've a new ball joints (555), new arms bushes, new tie rods (Moog).

Any advice?

I'm thinking about adding a rubber to bottom coils...

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]