The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Down A Bit, Down A Bit, That's It...
By Matt-CTR
Hi all,

I'm after some advice/suggestions, need to replace both front shocks and I think top mounts all round. Given that this is going to cost £300+ and the fact that I may as well replace the rear top mounts at the same time was thinking I may be better off with a kit. I don't want anything too harsh or low so just looking for ideally a kit dampers and springs but not coilovers as I know they can be quite crashy. Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks

Matt
By MeisterR
I will say don't discount coilovers as an option because it will be crashy.
A good set of coilovers designed and adjusted properly don't have to be crashy.

But it does depends on your budget and focus.
Most adjustable coilovers are design to lowering ride height in mind.
So even at their highest ride height setting, it will still be lower than standard.
Hope that helps.

Jerrick
By Matt-CTR
Thanks for the info, would you recommend any coilovers that are not too harsh? Down mind it being a bit lower but don't want it to be a pain over speed bumps etc
By MeisterR
Matt-CTR wrote:Thanks for the info, would you recommend any coilovers that are not too harsh? Down mind it being a bit lower but don't want it to be a pain over speed bumps etc
Most owners who have been on MeisterR never really said it is crashy.
The Type-R OEM suspension is actually quite stiff, so while the MeisterR may feel more control, it won't be uncomfortable.
That is mainly due to the damper valving specification.

On the newer Civic Type-R such as FD2, owners actually find the MeisterR coilovers more comfortable than OEM because the OEM is so stiff and crashy.
Hope that helps, any other question just let us know.

Jerrick
By Matt-CTR
Thanks again for the info, definitely worth considering especially as the cheapest spring and damper kit I can find is around £500 by the time I have bought top mounts will be around the same price as the Meister R's

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]