The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Down A Bit, Down A Bit, That's It...
I rushed in to buying these springs because I had so many good recommendations about them but the more I read about lowering 30mm is worrying me just a little again. My car is going in to a body shop next week to get a paint job done and while it's there the guy is going to fit my new springs for me (Plus all the camber parts I've brought to go with it).

Just wanting to see some more photos and hear from people who actually have these specific springs fitted to their EP3 please?

This is my daily car so I hope it's not going to stop me from doing things like getting in to shopping centres with steep ramps and shitty speed bumps etc.
Thanks guys.

I'm a massive worrier that's all. You got to bear in mind this is my first ever car to and I've never done anything like this in my life. Only passed the driving test 3yrs ago this year and drove a 1l Toyota Aygo which was my A to B type car. Then I got the modding bug after buying my Type R nearly a year ago the end of this month. lol

You guys got photos of your cars? Just see what I'm going to expect the end of the week!
The issue isn't really the lowering 30mm, on an OEM exhaust its fine. Your front splitter may not clear large kerbs if you ever drive over one, but who does that ? It's aftermarket exhausts that scrape going over bumps.

Mine on 30mm springs

*nub* wrote:The issue isn't really the lowering 30mm, on an OEM exhaust its fine. Your front splitter may not clear large kerbs if you ever drive over one, but who does that ? It's aftermarket exhausts that scrape going over bumps.

Mine on 30mm springs

Nice exhaust;)

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]