The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Down A Bit, Down A Bit, That's It...
So just got my car back from service and it has play in the front shocks, the car is lowered on eibach springs, so i have 2 options, replace the standard shocks for new standard shocks at around 180 parts and 85 labour, or buy a cheap set of coilovers for 200ish quid and get them fitted for the same price.

Either answer is a stop gap, in a year I plan to get a proper set of coilovers for my EP3 as it will become a second car that will see tracks and country roads but for now its a daily driver and I can't justify 800 quid as money is a little tight with having to get 4 new tyres fitted and just paying for a full service :?

I know people would usually say NO NO NO to the cheap coilover option but as it's a one year fix they haven't got to last just do the job and not break for a year :lol:
As stated its already got Eibach springs so i can recoup some of the money by selling them if i get cheap coilovers, would be really interested to hear from anyone running coilovers that arnt from the established brands.

Thanks
Thanks for the replies, i was leaning more toward stock struts, although some of these cheap coilers have 2 year warranties which kind of negates the risk of them breaking and me being out of pocket ;)

Main concern with shock struts is the eibach springs make the n/s front sit slightly higher than the o/s, I've read its common

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]