The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Down A Bit, Down A Bit, That's It...
Hi guys so all these are within a few quid of each other. Going to be getting some coilovers for my track car (not daily driver. The only road driving it will do is to and from tracks) which would you guys go for and why please.. Please only informed views. Ta
Speak to the local garage and see what they would recommend for your budget.
It's not very often better quality sets come up for sale purely because most people don't want to spend over £1000...

Another option could be the Tein but I don't know what their spring rates are.

Out of the ones you listed I'd be inclined to give Rob @ Area a call, and get a set of the Yellowspeed track spec coilovers with the stiff rear spring.
To be honest you're limited based on your budget. I see you also put a thread on the other forum and I agree with what's been said on there.

I run the fully adjustable Bilstein's and love them, you can also get the height adjustable only version (B14) for around £800 mark, but for a track only car it's not ideal to rely on spring rates only.
If you check my build thread you can see pictures in there of my B16 kit.

Anything that is abused and isn't OEM is going to require more maintenance unfortunately, that's the trade off.
For a car dedicated to track, I'd be looking at something along the lines of Bilstein, KW, AST. All are going to set you back around the £1500 mark. If you feel baller then there's always Nitrons or Ohlins, but I understand that everyone is on a budget and you're trying to strike the right compromise.
For me personally I would disregard BC, purely because I've heard that their customer service is non-existent, at least with the Meister or Yellowspeed there's plenty of people / dealers around now that can respond if you have any issues.
Agree with Adam really. Majority of the Sub £1000 coilovers are all similar in performance. Although MeisterR have just revised their entry level coilover so be interesting to see how that compares.
Wouldn't waste your time with secondhand stuff. Chances are they'll need rebuilding costing more money and time.
Just saw this.

My first question normally is "what is the car used for"?
That is the basis for all answer regarding suspension.

Adjustable suspension give you a range of damping adjustments to deal with much more than non-adjustable suspension can handle.
But there are limit in it's design, and that is all based on usage.

For someone who is going to be using the suspension for fast road usage and occasional track use on road tyres / semi-slick.
And someone who have a pure trailer to the track car running on slicks, would have very different suspension setup.

The MeisterR ZetaCRD are design for fast road use and occasional track days.
So the springs rate and damper valving are optimised to provide these two function.
On softer damper setting, it should be compliant for uneven road surfaces while remaining responsive.
On harder damping setting, it will control weight transfer motion and provide extremely sharp steering response.
The damper should also be "pushing" the tyres onto the ground to generate traction.

These are all points that we look into during development of the ZetaCRD valving.
We can achieve this due to our UK technical partnership with BlackArt Design.
What that mean is we have feedback from a vehicle dynamic engineer with over 20 years of experience and a track record of engineering suspension from OEM application to championship winning race cars.

The ZetaCRD aren't as advanced as our GT1 coilovers.
However, they are design to be a great entry level suspension that does everything well, and it does provide what it says on the box.

I hope that helps, any other questions just let us know.

Jerrick
MeisterR

Yes I ordered a set from you last August and they had not arrived by christmas

so I changed my order to another company thanks for your promt service

I won you lost
I run BC RAs on my track only car. Bought second hand rebuilt them new dampers/top mounts/bearings/stiffer spring rates and mega chuffed with them. Owe me around £600 and parts easily obtainable through Apex UK.

Had Meisters on my old JRSC ep3 and struggled to get that set up right with the straight arms design they had at the time.

Pretty sure all the ones you've mentioned are more less the same, they do the same job of ruining an ep3 for the road :lol:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]