The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Down A Bit, Down A Bit, That's It...
By cakeslice88
right what is the best way to get the little b******s out? air gun wouldn't move them and tried massive breaker bars, any tips or ideas are welcome
By pbarwell1
Are you on about the lower bolts that are seized ? If so I'd soak them in lube and use a ring spanner and a heavy lump hammer ,failing that put a big scaffolding pipe on the end of your breaker bar and swing off it

Added in 4 minutes :
tightening it slightly then try crack it off, a wire brush on the threads plus oil helps too
By pbarwell1
tightening it slightly then try crack it off, a wire brush on the threads plus oil helps too
By cakeslice88
already tried all that with no joy, only had a little blow torch and that wouldn't get it anything hot lol
By w6ady
Area motorsport had to cut mine off they were seized solid! Luckily I was replacing with coilovers so it didn't matter to me. Might be your only option in the end
By SurreyEP3
I had difficulty removing my lower bolts when I swapped mine in April, I jacked the hub up to take some of the tension/stress out the damper and soaked the bolts overnight. I was able to tighten the bolts slightly then they came undone fairly easy after that mate. I used a ring spanner and a hammer like mentioned above to shock the bolt and it became easy after that. hope you get them off bud :)
By AdamB92
I had the bolt cut on mine, and the captive nut ground off, then just a nut and bolt put back in to replace it.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]