The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Down A Bit, Down A Bit, That's It...
Firstly, Admin please move this to the correct section.....I picked suspension as many of the components I am working on are suspension components, but it may be better suited elsewhere.

My car spent part of its life up in Scotland. Therefore underneath, its got a lot of surface rust and corrosion.

I'm in the process of stripping the car down to tackle the problem.

I've done my research on underseals and preporation, and come to the conclusion that I'd like to use the following POR15 products:
Cleaner Degreaser 946ml

Metal Prep 946ml

Rust Prevention Paint 946ml

Top-Coat Gloss Black 946ml

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/POR15-Large-K ... Sw9N1VpSQP

I've picked these as they dry hard like enamel, rather than remaining soft like waxoil. The product sheets for this stuff reccomends applying directly to bare metal for full effect. I understand this is going to be a lot of work, but I have the time and space to do this over winter while the car is not in use.

I've began prepping the first wheel arch. I've found that the majority of the underseal comes off with a squirt of brake cleaner and a wire brush, however there are some areas that appear to have a rubbery sealant on them that I can only assume was applied at factory. Can anyone confirm if I should take this off or paint over it? It doesn't look like it is going to come off any time soon, so I assume it should be ok to paint over? but its soft, so not sure how the enamel like paint will take to it...

The rear trailing arms, ARB's, Front Subframe, Front wishbones, fuel tank bracket and any other removable parts will be shot blasted and powder coated.

I've bought the following parts to replace:

Yellow speed coilovers
DME camber arms
Tegiwa RCA's
Tegiwa Wheel Nuts

I'll also be replacing the following:
Rear Hubs (got a wheel bearing going)
disks and pads
Rear ABS sensor as I broke one getting it out.....
All 4 drop links
Full polybush kit - Most likely superpro with the caster increase....
Rack Raiser

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]