The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Down A Bit, Down A Bit, That's It...
By SurreyEP3
Morning all

I am looking at buying some Buddyclub N+ coilovers this week, however the rear lower bushings look a little worn.

Have you guys replaced these yourself? I have a vice and millions of tools so I am more than capable to do it myself, also where did you get the bushings from?

Buddyclub UK told me this morning that if i ordered them now i still wouldn't see them for earliest 3 month's :roll:

I will find a video/thread on how to preload the coilovers etc before i fit them too.

your help here is appreciated

Jake
By shaRRpy
Buddy club uk stock very few items at all for their coilovers.and they don't sell parts if you wanted to rebuild the insides.so if a damper fails you have to order a whole new unit which takes approx 3 months to come from Japan.as for pre load you don't want much only about 3mm.
By SurreyEP3
Thank you for your responses guys. I don't understand what the 3mm of preload means at the moment but I'll keep it in mind. when I've read up how to set them up I'm sure it will make sence and I will go with your recommendation of 3mm. Hi Lewis, I have thought of other options but there doesn't seem to be much else around for my budget at the moment. I missed out on Ry4n's BC coilovers by only a few hours lol. The bushings aren't falling apart on the buddyclubs, but they won't last a year on my back lanes where I live. Have you had bushings made for you before mate ? I have seen an USA forum thread where a guy has measured every possible measurement to do with the bushing and sleeve, so giving a company the dims will be easy.
By Lewisgame
The 3mm preload is the amount of tension you wind onto the spring. Although this is only a starting point. That preload may need adjusting if you was to corner weight the vehicle.
As for other options, Tegiwa (who sell Yellowspeed) and MeisterR do 0% finance if you wanted to spread the payment. You'd get brand new coilovers and if anything goes wrong it should be very easy to resolve.
I personally have never had any suspension bushes made for me. An engineering shop or similar should be able to turn you a nylon bush with a metal sleeve and fit it. I'd rather give the shop your struts to take measurements from as the ones you've found might not be the same as your exact struts.
By MeisterR
What is your budget Jake?

We will have the new MeisterR ZetaCRD in stock in about 2 - 3 weeks time.
This is a new suspension and will come with 1 year warranty, so if anything goes wrong you are sorted.

One thing to be careful with used suspension is you have to make sure there is service available.
Like you say, if it is a bush it isn't a major problem as you should be able to find a company to make one, but a custom bush isn't cheap many time.
The problem is if you have a leaking damper without any ability to get spare part, as soon as one damper fail the entire set goes into the bin.

Just keep that in mind because I do get E-mail often asking for help to rebuild other coilovers.
And while we do have the ability to rebuild coilovers, very often odd size parts are used meaning we either need to get the parts (not possible) or make it ourself (uneconomical).

Jerrick

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]