The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Down A Bit, Down A Bit, That's It...
By HAMZAEP3
Hello Owners

I currently have Fast Road Set Up on standard and four brand new Yokohama Prada Spec 2 tyres
It seems like it don't grip the road properly was thinking on the Suspension may be
By Lewisgame
You'll probably find it's a tyre issue. Prada Spec 2 are a similar level to the Toyo Proxes T1-R. A mid range tyre with not masses of grip. Which you wouldn't expect from them brands considering they make very good track tyres.
Either put up with them or swap over to a more premium brand like Bridgestone, Continental, Goodyear etc.
By HAMZAEP3
Lewisgame » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:56 pm wrote:You'll probably find it's a tyre issue. Prada Spec 2 are a similar level to the Toyo Proxes T1-R. A mid range tyre with not masses of grip. Which you wouldn't expect from them brands considering they make very good track tyres.
Either put up with them or swap over to a more premium brand like Bridgestone, Continental, Goodyear etc.
The tyres I didn't know much about them
ABP Motorsport recommended me these tyres as two of tyres were bold and they cant release the car without a MOT test first
I needed my car sorted ASAP really
I was told these tyres are good and I took his word for it
By w6ady
I have heard that Prada spec 2's aren't the best tyres but I do know a lot of people put them on ep3's and really rate them. Is it since it has become a bit colder that you find you haven't got the grip? As I found last year even when it was dry and sunny that the good years I use didn't grip the same at lower temperatures and perhaps its to be expected as they are a summer tyre really.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]