The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Down A Bit, Down A Bit, That's It...
By akaTheDon
Hey all,

I just wanted to know what you would recommend?

I have just purchased Eibach 30mm lowering springs for my EP3, I have been quoted £298.00 for 5 hours of labour by Mike Stokes, I was told the price could possibly go over that if they have problems with the bolts on the rear suspension.

I then contacted a mobile mechanic and he has quoted £145.00 best case and I think round about £200.00 if the rear bolts shear.

Would it be possible to do it my self and would I need any other bolts or parts?
I have basic mechanical knowledge.

Please let me know.
Many thanks
Don
By AndyK83
Spring compressors to take the old ones off and fit the new ones. That first quote is way too high and 5 hours? My mate did a service, spark plugs, filters, oil, brake fluid valve clearances and fitted my eibachs in less that time and charged me 300. I supplied some of the parts, it was mates rates. Your second quote isn't too bad
By akaTheDon
AndyK83 wrote:Spring compressors to take the old ones off and fit the new ones. That first quote is way too high and 5 hours? My mate did a service, spark plugs, filters, oil, brake fluid valve clearances and fitted my eibachs in less that time and charged me 300. I supplied some of the parts, it was mates rates. Your second quote isn't too bad
Cheers for the info dude, Yea I though 5 hours labour is a bit too much!, I think I will go with the second quote, I'm just a bit worried about doing it myself as I don't want to muck anything up.
By akaTheDon
Lewisgame wrote:Shouldn't take any more than 3-4 hours including wheel alignment.
I'd get some front camber bolts and adjustable rear camber arms.
Cheers for the info dude, would ebay be the best place to buy these items?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]