The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Down A Bit, Down A Bit, That's It...
By MeisterR
MeisterR has been working over the past 2 years on the development of an amazing British engineered suspension. 
We didn't want to make something simply different, we wanted to make the best and compete with the best offerings on the market. 
We have finally arrived at the finish line and the new MeisterR GT1 Coilovers are finally ready.

The GT1 coilovers are developed in collaboration between MeisterR and Black Art Design (BAD). 
BAD is a well known British suspension company responsible for many race winning cars. 
Their portfolio range from the DAX Rush, Noble, Classic Austin Martin, to the fastest privateer Ford RS200 in the Colorado Pike Peaks.

The GT1 coilovers have many custom in-house made parts that are truly cutting edge engineering. 
As there are so many technical features on the GT1 coilovers, we are still compiling a presentation that can show off these features in an easy to read format.

But here is a little teaser video I made up for the GT1 Coilovers

The GT1 coilovers retail at £1650, and we want to provide a few benefits to members that may be interested.

Here are a few points we are thinking about and we want the community's opinion.

1.  Life-Time Warranty on hydraulic function to the original purchaser:  
That is right, the GT1 damper is built to such a high specification that technically speaking, unless it is physically damaged (such as a bent / scored shaft), it will continue to operate forever… even under racing condition. 
However, parts exposed to the element will wear over time so you really can't give a lifetime warranty on those, but the actual damper itself will continue to function for years, we are that confident of the quality.

The warranty means, if you go to Nurburg every weekend and a damper failed after a run 3 years later, we will rebuild it for free. 
If you crash into the Armco and bent the rod, or run into the gravel and scored the damper shaft causing the damper to fail, then it isn't cover. Sounds pretty fair?

2.  Upgrade from Zeta-S / Zeta-R / Europa to GT1 Coilovers:
We feel that some MeisterR owners would want to upgrade to the GT1 in the future. So we want to make an upgrade program for those who have purchased the Zeta-S / Zeta-R / Europa coilovers. 
Our initial thought is, you can purchase a set of GT1 coilovers, and after installation you can send back your old set of MeisterR coilovers and we will refund you £350 (Around 50% of the purchase price) for your old set. 
That way you get a brand new set GT1 in your hand, and there is no need to try to sell the old set of suspensions or wait for a rebuild.

So what do you think of the life-time warranty and the upgrade option with the GT1 Coilovers?
Do you have anything else that you feel could be beneficial to the end user.

We are always open to opinions and suggestions.

Jerrick / Edwin
By Lewisgame
Will other components e.g top mounts, springs, have some kind of warranty? I'd assume you'd offer at least 1 year on these kind of items?
I'd be interested in trading in my Zeta-R once I've seen the specs of the GT1
By MeisterR
Lewisgame wrote:Will other components e.g top mounts, springs, have some kind of warranty? I'd assume you'd offer at least 1 year on these kind of items?
I'd be interested in trading in my Zeta-R once I've seen the specs of the GT1
All other parts will carry the normal 1-year warranty.
If any of the parts fail, more than happy to replace them under warranty.

The lifetime warranty is on the damper because of the unique parts we developed for the GT1.

The GT1 damper shaft seal are CNC made in house using Ultrasound tested Austrian Polyurethane.
A normal damper will never exceed 40 bars of pressure, our shaft seal is rated to 400 bars.

This is why we are able to offer a lifetime warranty, because we are using parts that are far beyond what are normally use in the suspension world.

Of course, that is not the only difference between the GT1 and the Zeta-R. :)

Jerrick
By MeisterR
graeme01 wrote:I'll be intrested in a set of these cant wait to get the awful buddyclub rsd's off !
These are custom build so just let us know if you are interested in a set.
It will be a huge change from the BuddyClub RSD, that I can promise you. :)

Jerrick
By graeme01
MeisterR wrote:
graeme01 wrote:I'll be intrested in a set of these cant wait to get the awful buddyclub rsd's off !
These are custom build so just let us know if you are interested in a set.
It will be a huge change from the BuddyClub RSD, that I can promise you. :)

Jerrick
Am interested will give you a call tomorrow to sort it out :-)
By MeisterR
A few owners have ask me about more details of the GT1, so I thought I give a little more info.

While the outside of the GT1 look similar to the Zeta-R, the internal is completely different.

I'll try to name a few parts, but there are quite a lot:
1. GT1 Piston: Precision CNC Aluminium: there are quite a few feature in this piston, I will work put up the details later.
2. GT1 bump stop: Progressive rate bump stop design to come into play progressively to aid comfort.
3. GT1 damper shaft seal: CNC made in house using Ultrasound tested Austrian Polyurethane.
A normal damper will never exceed 40 bars of pressure, our shaft seal is rated to 400 bars.

This damper shaft seal is one main reason we offer a Life-time Warranty, because it is actually that good.
Like I said before, the life-time warranty is for the life of the original purchaser, but no limitation on time or miles.
The long as nothing is physically damaged such as a bent rod or a score shaft, we will rebuild it free of charge if oil leak because the shaft seal fail.

BAD have use this seal in Rally Cars that come back for a rebuild 5 years later and the seal look new.
This isn't something that can be bought off the shelf, that is why we make them in house.

We haven't done any back to back testing against the Zeta-R (also it is something difficult to quantify).
But we know the GT1 will out last the Zeta (or any other suspension for that matter) pretty much in a test of durability.

The GT1 use an ultra high heat index hydraulic oil from Millers, what that mean is the GT1 will not suffer fade issue no matter how hard you push the suspensions (BAD use the same oil in Rally cars).

All the internal of the GT1 are made in the UK (most of the bits are CNC machined… in Essex), and assemble at BAD headquarter in Essex also.

All in all, we done everything possible to improve the suspension performance and durability.
A lot of the engineering are bespoke and way above what are normally seen in the suspensions world; we want the GT1 to be a suspension that will set a new bench mark.

Jerrick
By MeisterR
A quick view of the first few set of the new MeisterR GT1 coilovers.

Mitsubishi Evolution X [ CZ4A ] ( Also available for EVO4 CP9A to EVO9 CT9A )

Toyota GT86[ ZN6 ] / Subaru BRZ [ ZC6 ]

Nissan Skyline R32 GTR [ BNR32 ] ( Also available for R33 / R34 / R35 )

We will have more technical details for release soon. :)

Jerrick
By MeisterR
We are just back from displaying at Autosport International with the MeisterR GT1 as it's centre piece.
Here is a few photo of our "little" stand. :)

A lot of interests from many owners regarding the GT1 coilovers.
Many have heard about the GT1 but it was not until they see the internal parts of the GT1 in person that they are thoroughly impressed.

We have a lot of data to present so we will bring out more details regarding the GT1 once we organise them.

Jerrick
By shaRRpy
I'm seriously thinking of going for these as I think my buddy club rsd have had it. I think they do a custom spring rate as well.hurry up and get some Lewis so you can review them. :lol:
By MeisterR
Right… I'll pop an update from one of my tester Max, this is on his DC5.
It is running the same standard springs rate as the EP3, that is 8kg/mm front, 12kg/mm rear.

Now, higher springs rate don't mean better performance.
The thing with springs rate as well as damper valving is that it has to work with the tyres…
All that has been taken into consideration when building the GT1.

The GT1 also had a few changes since we last talk about it.
But here is the review from Max regarding his DC5 after we made the latest change at our (BAD) workshop.
Lets just say he is happy, which is what is suppose to happen. :)

Jerrick

-----------------------

To say i was happy would be an understatement, the car was now more compliant with improved body control, less noise and vibration. So i happily said goodbye to everyone and thanked them for their help and hard work once again. On the way home the drive was very good and i started to wonder how it would behave with another 2 clicks towards soft on the front. So i stopped off and made the adjustment and carried on, again there was an instant difference and all of the above just got even better.

When i finally arrived home some 3 hours after leaving BAD i had no food at home so decided to pop to tesco, i know you think im just waffling now but bear with me... So i decided while i was popping out i might aswel try another 2 clicks softer on the front, so i made the adjustment and drove off, again instantly a very noticable difference, my smile was getting bigger and bigger. It wasnt then until i went over some bumps and dips that i realised the true difference. The car was so composed, so adjustable, so smooth, the whole car overall was feeling transformed, vibrations dissapeared, the smoothness with which i could apply the thottle. Everything was just so much better i could not beleive it. I got home and had some dinner and could not get the feeling the car gave me out of my head so having eaten i decided to go out again. Bear in mind i have just completed approximately a 250 mile journey, the motivation to drive again was still just irresistable, not normal for me at all.

So out i went again to drive some more roads and routes i know.... Mate, i drove for an hour and a half straight with my jaw in my lap. Such was the improvement the suspension setting had made to the car i cannot describe it any other way than a magic carpet on rails, yet with all the feedback and handling and composure you could ever wish for. Seriously you probably think im mad but this setting is as Jeremy Clarkson would say "witchcraft". There is no other way to explain how good this is, i think you need to go for a spin with me sometime to really appreciate it, its just unstoppable. Its asif the car "wants to run" im not sure if you have ever watched the japanese anime "Wangan Midnight" but it really really is like that except the car doesnt want to kill me lol

This suspension is eveything i have ever dreamed of, its a gift form the suspension gods, John turely has hit something special here, this is suspension on a whole new level. If this is how a DC5 can feel with the right setting i cannot imagine the how good something like a Ferrari 458 could feel with suspension to the same effect. There is absolutely no need to have a daily and a track car anymore, this thing can really do it all, on really bumpy country roads its like a rally car, its just not fased. All those people who doubt a coilover suspension cannot be good on the road have no idea how wrong they are, this is how every car should behave.

Honestly Jerrick i could go on all day but there is no substitute for experiencing what this car is now capable of. In addition to all this my biggest bug bear with this car has always been the bump steer, it ruins what could be a great car. Now I want to say there is no such thing as bump steer in a DC5, just incorrect damping ratio. I feel like this is all just a dream, im still in shock, i barely slept last night as i was just wired from the drive and shock and awe of it all.

To top all of this off the geometry is way off, so much so the steering wheel is no longer straight when the wheels are straight, its actually way off to almost 2 o'clock, but it doesnt matter, the car is just unflappable. Getting a geometry done now is just an inconvenience.

I'll leave this here with just my sincere thanks to yourself and most of all John, without him non of this would have been possible. Soon as i have had the geo done i will write you a review and you can be guanranteed it will be 5 stars plus. I dont know how i will even be able to describe it without sounding like the biggest liar on the face of the earth i must sound like that now, people just wont beleive what i have to say.

Once again sincere thanks for everything.

Cheers
Max
By MeisterR
doug2507 wrote:Race orientated 2 ways on the drawing board Jerrick?
2-way isn't worth doing, either 1-way or 3-way.
For serious race use, you got to have that low speed bump to control the tyres, and that high speed bump blow off to ride the curb.

We have done prototype for testing, and it is on the card.
The thing with race car is that there isn't a "one fit all" solution.
Sure, you can make a 3-way that fit the car, and there will be a wide range of adjustment.
But if we make a 3-way, we want it to work on the car and win. Podium finish is what race car are after.
That is what we have been doing for years, and that is custom build a suspension for "the car", not just pull a spec off the shelf and hope it will work.

We will need to work out a program as well as price in the future, once the GT1 settle down.
The GT3 (just pulling a name from the air) will be based off the GT1, but it is something in the plan to offer in the future without a doubt.

Jerrick
By doug2507
Hmm, what if there's no curbs involved? ;) I'm hill climbing so no curbing. I know KW kit a fair bit of the Berg Cup motors with 2 way, production cars anyway. Obviously all sets are built specific to the car with regards to valving and springs, based on weight/weight distribution/setup/tyres etc. Quite a comprehensive form to fill in for them!

Look forward to hearing on any progress when it happens Jerrick. Current line up certainly seems to be applauded. 8-)
By Lewisgame
Have to say I'm pretty much sold. Seems to be one of the very few coilovers on the market that can cope with every day use but then perform well enough for track. Not to say my current Zeta-R haven't been good. But they've had a hard life in the last 18 months and they feel a little tired. Lifetime warranty on the damper is a big plus.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]